Liqui Moly Ceratec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SHOZ
I have a small inspection camera for my phone. Next spring I need to change the trans oil which has 150ml of Ceratec and will have been sitting for three months. I'll drive it a day first then drain and look inside to see what's laying around.

Were you able to use the camera you had mentioned? I'm curious if you found anything.

Originally Posted by Rob_C

Were you able to use the camera you had mentioned? I'm curious if you found anything.

No I haven't and probably won't. Not concerned with it settling out. I did have my cars oil pan off this spring when I did the timing chain. No apparent buildup of the yellow Ceratec.

I've got 16k miles on the trans fluid and still as good as when I put it in shift wise.

Without own opinion and experiences: Why it should be "inoperative"? His "ceramic" is hexagonal Boron nitride. (α-Boron nitride). Contrary to β-Boron nitride, all wikis than I can find thereto, means, α-boron nitride is a part of lubricant solutions.
And β-Boron nitride of grind solutions
laugh.gif
Therefore its significant whether α-Boron or β-Boron
grin.gif

Or that: http://technical-ceramics.3mdeutschland.de/en/products/3m-release-agents-and-lubricants.html
"Reliable insulating and protective effect, as well as good lubricating properties, even at high temperatures"

Originally Posted by Rob_C
Originally Posted by SHOZ
I have a small inspection camera for my phone. Next spring I need to change the trans oil which has 150ml of Ceratec and will have been sitting for three months. I'll drive it a day first then drain and look inside to see what's laying around.

Here's a picture of the fluid I drained today. It was cold and had been sitting about 16 hours before I drained it. 2L of AC Delco Synchromesh trans fluid and 150 mL of Ceratec. Still very well suspended. 2 years and +37k miles on the fluid.

[Linked Image]

Used it about 13K miles ago and had my first change out with it - UOA just showed a slug of moly and boron. Didn't see any negatives, good (per LM) for 30K miles. I used MoS2 as a supplement last change as LM recommends it between Ceratec applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back