Motorcraft/AC Delco filters good for 1 year?

The owner's manuals on both vehicles says the oil must be changed within one year if the oil life monitor doesn't go off before then. So these Purolator(Motorcraft) and ecore(AC Delco) filters can be safe for up to a year?

Last edited:
I've never seen oil filters rated for 'time', only miles. There could be some I just haven't seen 'em.

Originally Posted by Corollaman
So these Purolator(Motorcraft) and ecore(AC Delco) filters can be safe for up to a year?

What is wrong with the ecore filters?

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
Originally Posted by Corollaman
So these Purolator(Motorcraft) and ecore(AC Delco) filters can be safe for up to a year?

What is wrong with the ecore filters?

I dont think there's anything wrong with ecores, I use them. I just wondered if they were safe to use for a year.

I have an old (1960's) Ford industrial 4-cyl engine on a wood chipper.

It's had the same Napa gold on it for 15 years or so.

Oil filters really do NOT go bad over "time"......

I have an old (1960's) Ford industrial 4-cyl engine on a wood chipper.

It's had the same Napa gold on it for 15 years or so.

Oil filters really do NOT go bad over "time"......
But is it still functioning as it should, and I think generally speaking new things last about 1/5th as long as old things. 😁

But is it still functioning as it should, and I think generally speaking new things last about 1/5th as long as old things. 😁
Yep.
I spun the filter off and looked inside it a couple years ago, looks brand new from looking down the center hole...
It mounts horizontal, so it drains pretty much dry.

It's still on there to this day - - it is so rusty, you can hardly tell it was ever a Napa filter to start with.

Back