No. 4 Joey Logano 22
No. 5 Jimmie Johnson 48
No. 6 Brad Keselowski 2
No. 7 Kyle Busch 18
No. 8 Kurt Busch 1
No. 9 Ryan Blaney 12
No. 10 Aric Almirola

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I cant believe how empty the stands are.

I was thinking the same thing. I always thought Indy had a good turnout.

Sad that NASCAR has fallen to this. GREED is killing the sport, but these guys can't drive, or they are under too much corp.pressure to win.SAD. Three-day min hotels, $150 + tickets. stay at home, watch TV boring.

Originally Posted by Warstud

I think NASCAR's time has come and gone. It has nothing to do with Sr. passing or Jr. retiring. It's happening with many other sports as well. Even the Olympics has lost its luster.

Scott

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Originally Posted by Warstud

I think NASCAR's time has come and gone. It has nothing to do with Sr. passing or Jr. retiring. It's happening with many other sports as well. Even the Olympics has lost its luster.

Scott

May well be true ^^^^

Though here would be my plan to fix NASCAR..

#1 Cut schedule to 26 races.... Get rid of races at least one race or perhaps both races at Dover, Chicago, Texas, California, Homestead, Michigan and Kansas and Bristol day race and Richmond cut one race too..

#2 Get rid of playoffs nonsense... And get rid of stages...

#3 Have races at places like South Boston Va, Hickory NC, Return to Rockingham for one race, Restore North Wilkesboro and run a race there plus other small tracks.... Get back to small tracks mostly on the schedule... Only big tracks will be obviously Daytona 2 races, Talladega 2 races, and Charlotte for one race and other other track larger than Rockingham would be Darlington 2 races... So 7 races only at big tracks... No more stupid cookie cutter race tracks dominating the schedule...

#4 Allow more cheaper camping at the tracks.... Also actually allow regular everyday fans ability to be in the infields at the tracks... Like it used to be in the 70s and 80s and into the 90s ..

#5 Have more events that happens along with race weekend... With a focus on great food being a big part of that... BBQ contests etc at all race venues... Plus have country music bands there to play too...

#6 Get rid of stupid pit passes etc etc... There will be all access times in between practices.... Only times the fan access will be very limited... Which makes sense obviously...

#7 Cut down all of the STUPID rules in place by NASCAR in the past 25 years ... In fact only rules... Weight, and tire size and fuel cell size... If one wants to run a Coors car like Bill Elliot had back in the 1980s .... They can... If someone wants to run a Bandit #33 Harry Want car... Let them run it... Or a 2019 Dodge Demon... Let them run it... No stupid gear rules... Ride height.. stupid templates... The rules turned into something analogous to big government... And it has been not good for far far too long...

#8 Get rid of Toyota from NASCAR... Sorry... But they have to go...

Let's get Dodge back on the track... Dodge Demon... Let it out the gate... And let them horses run..

#9 Actually get drivers to understand that they have to be in touch with the average everyday fan... I remember a editorial in Sports Illustrated from over 11 years ago talking about how NASCAR needed to trade in their silver spoons for the plastic fork... Whole whole lot of Truth in that editorial...

#10 Get rid of any wind tunnel testing... Get rid of simulator stuff... Limit number of employees working on a team on a single car... Only a jack man, 4 guys to change the tires and one other guy to do ancillary work... Plus a driver... That's all you get.... No engineers everywhere.... Nope... They gone... No more. . And guess what ?? The crew chief will actually have to work on the pit stops.. Like it used to be... Jeff Hammond was the jack man for DW back in the day.. Owners on pit road used hard heavy mallets to beat back sheet metal damage.. Used to happen all the time.... Junior Johnson did that many times... Richard Childress adjusting the spoiler on Dale Earnhardt's car... Yep that actually happened...

We would get back to that... It's long over due...

All of this would save those teams a ton of money... Going back to basics... Back to the roots of it all.

Make it like was when Dale Earnhardt And the Eurys could take a short track car from Hickory NC and chop off the front of it and put in a new front nose piece and get a good motor and run in the top 10 near the top 5 in the Daytona 500... Until a flat tire put them being the first car a lap down and finishing 13th I believe... Let's get back to that actually being possible...

In my opinion all of the above done would prove very helpful... It may not take the sport back up to what it was once before.... But it could save it. And make it viable for a long time going forward.

Last edited:
I took my 4 year old grandson to his first race yesterday. Sure it was a sparse crowd as IMS goes, but it was up from the past year or two. But he had a great time and got a lug nut from one of the cars as a parting gift.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pat in Speedway
I took my 4 year old grandson to his first race yesterday. Sure it was a sparse crowd as IMS goes, but it was up from the past year or two. But he had a great time and got a lug nut from one of the cars as a parting gift.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's great! I used to live in Speedway, on 15th street. I could hear Indycars practicing at the track starting around March. I'd get a bag of White Castles and spectate in the South Chute bleachers, watching the unpainted cars go 'round. Good times for a motorhead.

I would definitely go to the race if I still lived there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back