Change your oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know … mentioned before … just playing to your cynical side …
Me and there ? I couldn't pass on the valley vino, Vato … LoL
Keep us safe from hackers (even though I went cheap and upped McAfee that was HP install)

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by mcrn
Very nice! Did you get any pics of the valve-train?

+1

Without pics, how can we accept your version of the events that unfolded as factual and not fiction?
confused2.gif

I have met Jeff, I can vouch for him. He would not lie to us.

I can vouch for Critic, so therefore I can vouch for Jeff via proxy.

Dang it! I was gonna ask who vouches for Critic! Darned you Cardinal! Darned your heathen soul!

*shakes fists into the air!*
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Just goes to show, if you care for your vehicles properly, they care for you in return. I bought a brand new '95 GMC Sierra, it was a work truck, put 130k on the clock in 7 years, OCI's religiously at 3500 miles and always in to the mechanic before any major problems occurred. The revers/2nd gear band broke in the tranny at 125K, other than that no major problems. I sold her shortly thereafter, but knew she was good for another 120K trouble free miles.

People like to give me heavy doses of poop about how I care about my vehicles. All I can say is that I like nice things and a drama free life, so I do all I can to keep my stuff in top notch order, looking great in the process, and keeping top dollar value when it comes time to pass my well cared for item on to someone else.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Glad to hear you had such good luck. I am going to start keeping my vehicles longer because I keep them up nicely only to save it for the next guy. LOL! I bet that Tesla in your signature is a blast to drive.

The Model 3 is really something... Amazing; futuristic. Instant torque from the electromagnetic motor.
Here's a pic:

JeffKeryk: That is a mighty fine 1968 Corvette BBC you have! I used to have a 1969 Corvette Roadster 350/350 4 speed blue, black interior and a white top. It had less than 40,000 miles on it when I sold it and bought a brand new 1976 Monte Carlo. Really regret getting rid of that one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
.... thought it was normal for a race engine to have some varnish and such in it due to the increased fuel dilution and soot. I pulled the valve cover off one of our 632ci alcohol bracket engines,

Alcohol engines do not make "soot"

Originally Posted by newbe46

Do you feel any difference after the valve adjustment?

I can't answer this question because the #1 coil was bad causing a misfire.
But my guess is, the valve adjustment smoothed out a little across the band.
This car is amazing.

Last edited:

JeffKeryk: That is a mighty fine 1968 Corvette BBC you have! I used to have a 1969 Corvette Roadster 350/350 4 speed blue, black interior and a white top. It had less than 40,000 miles on it when I sold it and bought a brand new 1976 Monte Carlo. Really regret getting rid of that one.

A true piece of Americana.
'68 L36 4 speed 3:36 posi. I call it my Plain Jane Corvette because the only option is the AM-FM Stereo radio, kinda new in 1968.

Right now the car is in Gig Harbor, WA; my BIL is a detail oriented guy. He is redoing the interior cuz I did a lousy job years ago.
I also have a new black rag top that needs to be installed. I could never do this; Mark will do a perfect job.
Mark also bought a nasty built 454 to install for some fun. He will pull and detail the original 427.
I just might go up there and stab a mild hyd roller while it's out.

By the way, your '69 350 is a nicely balanced car. I almost bought one many years ago.
I would love to have one now.... But they are outta reach.

Last edited:

'68 L36 4 speed 3:36 posi. I call it my Plain Jane Corvette because the only option is the AM-FM Stereo radio, kinda new in 1968.

Right now the car is in Gig Harbor, WA; my BIL is a detail oriented guy. He is redoing the interior cuz I did a lousy job years ago.
I also have a new black rag top that needs to be installed. I could never do this; Mark will do a perfect job.
Mark also bought a nasty built 454 to install for some fun. He will pull and detail the original 427.

By the way, your '69 350 is a nicely balanced car. I almost bought one many years ago.

Pardon me while I engage in one of my teenage automotive fantasies: '69 Corvette with an all-aluminum 427 ZL1.
The aluminum big-block was said to be the same weight as an iron small-block, so the car wouldn't end up being nose-heavy.
Tune it up to 600 HP, and you've got a beast.

Originally Posted by A_Harman

Pardon me while I engage in one of my teenage automotive fantasies: '69 Corvette with an all-aluminum 427 ZL1.
The aluminum big-block was said to be the same weight as an iron small-block, so the car wouldn't end up being nose-heavy.

They only sold 2 ZL-1 cars. Pretty exclusive territory.

Originally Posted by A_Harman

They only sold 2 ZL-1 cars. Pretty exclusive territory.

It's less exclusive now than it used to be. GM built a batch of 427 ZL1 crate motors about 4 years ago, so it could be easier to build a ZL1 Corvette now than it was back in 1970.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back