Amazon high-flow reusebable/washable filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
much is made in china etc + just marked up $$$$ + rebranded!! quality still varies like brake rotors are almost cast in china but with varying quality. EBC on the other hand is cast in UK + uses better higher carbon, but by looking a lot can NOT be accurately determined.

Originally Posted by benjy
much is made in china etc + just marked up $$$$ + rebranded!! quality still varies like brake rotors are almost cast in china but with varying quality. EBC on the other hand is cast in UK + uses better higher carbon, but by looking a lot can NOT be accurately determined.

You do realize, the topic is Chinese air filters, not brake rotors, right?

if you're gonna go with any washable and reusable filters, go with k&n.

just keep in mind that the oil you have to put in it when you clean it is what gives them the infamy they have.
go easy on the oil when you apply it, too much oil messes with your MAF sensor

It says it can go 50,000 miles before cleaning, I get 90,000 miles on my stock Honda S2000 air filter before I throw it away because of age(6 years). Even the filters you clean have to be tossed when the seals start to go bad. No thank you.

Rod

Originally Posted by jdawg13
if you're gonna go with any washable and reusable filters, go with k&n.

just keep in mind that the oil you have to put in it when you clean it is what gives them the infamy they have.
go easy on the oil when you apply it, too much oil messes with your MAF sensor

These are dry filters - no oil. I use K&Ns on all my vehicles...good thing my car doesn't have a MAF.....ahahahahaha

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Originally Posted by benjy

You do realize, the topic is Chinese air filters, not brake rotors, right?

He was making an analogy....

Why would any one want to wash an air filter them reuse?. Decades ago a friend was an Amsoil dealer I bought Amsoil to help him out and they had a foam air cleaner . You have to carefully wash the filter them let it properly dry then oil and install. After the first cleaning I realized the joke was on me so I went back to the better paper type filters.

Unless someone uses & tests it, we have no idea. I'm glad the OP posted this, as they are interesting. They look like an aFe copy-cat.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The air filter is the most important filter. Why take a chance on a Chinese knockoff?

Certainly a valid point - but this site seems to like economy/budg-o solutions...just look at the oil forums with the interest in generic oils etc. i.e. SuperTech. I'm sure this can be of the same/similar quality as AFe etc. but needs tested.

I'm a big fan of walking to Walmart look up an fram air filter for whatever I'm driving , get to parking lot . Pop the hood and change out the air filter . Put back a old air filter on the new fram box and throw in the garbage , knowing I have fresh air filter I do this one a years .

Back when I'm 18 . K&N filter is what give me nightmare , buy the clean bottle Wait for it to dry reoil and mabe oiling too much . You can see oil on my finger when I touch the filter . Imagine it go to your engine and get stuck on maf sensor .

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
I'm a big fan of walking to Walmart look up an fram air filter for whatever I'm driving , get to parking lot . Pop the hood and change out the air filter . Put back a old air filter on the new fram box and throw in the garbage , knowing I have fresh air filter I do this one a years .

Back when I'm 18 . K&N filter is what give me nightmare , buy the clean bottle Wait for it to dry reoil and mabe oiling too much . You can see oil on my finger when I touch the filter . Imagine it go to your engine and get stuck on maf sensor .

Oil off the filter and onto the MAF is an urban legend....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6moItrZNg&t=840s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back