2009 Aston Martin DB9-2500 mi C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a Puro/Motorcraft FL820s or FL500, given that Aston was a part of Ford and still has a relationship with their engine plant in the UK.

Customer supplied, but on ebay they are about 70$ with a drain plug.... I know for sure a Motorcraft filter spins on, a customer used to supply one with his own oil at a previous shop 10 years ago. Im pretty sure it fit a taurus.

Looks well made, perhaps synthetic media? $70, I suppose if one drives AM no biggie. As for any MC OF similarity, other than metal endcaps and silicone adbv, I don't see it in pic. The MCs mentioned use a thread end bypass that extends up and out from the endcap at the centertube. Adbv in pic looks flush to endcap or close.

Thanks for c&p.

It has attributes of the Fram Ultra but with louvers and maybe a different adbv. The baseplate is like Fram and the end cap protrusions for centering is like Fram. If it has a wire mesh media support like the Ultra then it is some kind of special order thing.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Looks well made, perhaps synthetic media? $70, I suppose if one drives AM no biggie.

I think it's $60 just for the fancy logo on the filter.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Sayjac
Looks well made, perhaps synthetic media? $70, I suppose if one drives AM no biggie.

I think it's $60 just for the fancy logo on the filter.
grin2.gif

This is exactly it. We take off Bentley insert filters that have the VW part number next to the bentley stamp. The customer brings a touareg one without the stamp. 58$ vs 13$. Even has the same Hengst number on it.

Originally Posted by nthach
It looks like a Puro/Motorcraft FL820s or FL500, given that Aston was a part of Ford and still has a relationship with their engine plant in the UK.

Nah, the baseplate has round holes, Puro filters have oval.
Flutes look similar, but the dome of a Puro filter has a flat spot, this one is curved.
Also, the ADV looks different than a Puro filter (Puro has blocky things on it, not the curved lines of this one).

Don't think it is a Champ either (they also have a flat part on the dome end).

I would think Mann, Mahle or Heingst (whichever makes OEM VW filters).

It looks good, but not $70 good.
But then again, if you are buying an Aston Martin, you are not worried about the cost of the filter (I would dare say 95% of AM owners do not change their own oil).

It has a Fram baseplate and Champ louvers. It is either special order, which costs a lot, or was made during the merger, Fram and Champ. Probably the latter as $50 oil filters are going to sit around awhile and the merger was a while ago. When you own this car the service invoice is paid without issue. $50-70 is in the noise. My BIL in Los Gatos used to say this with his thousands in fuel costs in his business. It's in the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back