2011 Honda Accord unknown miles cabin air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This my first time ever change out the cabin air filter on a vehicles. I start going back like a lot about Honda . They made everything so simple .

E3A86F95-13BF-42FE-8117-EEC6EFA80609.jpeg

Yep, just did all 3, than a 4th one this summer, all had similar content. Somehow there are 2 different types for the 2005 4Runner, and I received the wrong thin one, but I don't have any air quality issues, so I ordered a bunch of the wrong thin ones and trimmed them to fit in all my cars. I really like the extra air flow, can't wait to use the defroster.

Yuck! What are those big blocks it caught?
crazy2.gif

Unfortunately, Honda doesn't offer OEM cabin filters with charcoal/carbon. I think it helps a lot.

But Micronair does make one. Part number HN03104C. Micronair is most likely the OE supplier.

Another good cabin filter is the Mann FP2358. The Frecious Plus with the extra layer for mold, in addition to the charcoal.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
crazy2.gif

Unfortunately, Honda doesn't offer OEM cabin filters with charcoal/carbon. I think it helps a lot.

But Micronair does make one. Part number HN03104C. Micronair is most likely the OE supplier.

Another good cabin filter is the Mann FP2358. The Frecious Plus with the extra layer for mold, in addition to the charcoal.

Micronair was the OEM supplier for the original cabin filter on my 2007 Accord. They make nice filters and are much cheaper than the very similar if not identical filters being sold in a Honda box.

I don't understand putting charcoal in cabin air filters. Yes charcoal would absorb chemical odours (ie chemicals) immediately, and be completely saturated within days (if not hours). And after that - what?

I'd like to see some evidence of effectiveness over months.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
crazy2.gif

The blocks look like chunks of the foam tape they usually put around the edges of the CAF tray and on the edges of the door for recirculation. On most Hondas the recirc door with the foam seal sits maybe ten inches directly above the CAF and the blower is under the CAF so it's very easy for the foam to either degrade and fall on top of the CAF or be bitten off by animals.

I have the K&N reusable washer cabin filter in my 2012 Honda Civic. It's very easy to clean with soap and water and I spray the K&N cabin filter refresher on it and I am good to go for 6 months. It takes only a few minutes to clean it. I recommend the K&N cabin filters to save money but only if you have time to clean them.

Looks like it's been in there a while.

Isn't is amazing that shops want to charge 1/2 hour of labor for this job? If it takes 5 minutes you're slow(after figuring it out the first time).

If you are doing a 2014+ jeep cherokee watch the video or you WILL break off a clip. they reinvented the wheel on their placement of the filter.

Thanks . I am never a fan of reusable filter. I like fresh paper filter , once in a while go Walmart and grap a fram filter ( not oil filter ) and take out the old one and put in new fresh paper filter and good to go . I even do this while I'm out off town ,

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
I have the K&N reusable washer cabin filter in my 2012 Honda Civic. It's very easy to clean with soap and water and I spray the K&N cabin filter refresher on it and I am good to go for 6 months. It takes only a few minutes to clean it. I recommend the K&N cabin filters to save money but only if you have time to clean them.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back