2007 Ford Fusion Cam Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several Duratechs in the family that I maintain (2.0...2.3 and 2.5) and I agree that they are very good engines.
I recently changed the VC gasket on one and it's a slight PITA due to the wiring harness being very 'secured'.
Another PITA would be changing the PCV valve.....terrible location under the manifold....I hope I never have to change one.

How often have you needed to replace the VC gasket Tig?...The highest mileage one in the family is a 2006 with only 110K....I replaced it's VCG about 5K ago when I changed the OE plugs and noticed oil on the plug boots.

Originally Posted by pbm
I have several Duratechs in the family that I maintain (2.0...2.3 and 2.5) and I agree that they are very good engines.
I recently changed the VC gasket on one and it's a slight PITA due to the wiring harness being very 'secured'.
Another PITA would be changing the PCV valve.....terrible location under the manifold....I hope I never have to change one.

How often have you needed to replace the VC gasket Tig?...The highest mileage one in the family is a 2006 with only 110K....I replaced it's VCG about 5K ago when I changed the OE plugs and noticed oil on the plug boots.

Oil entering the plug area is the biggest concern. I have only changed the plugs once and replaced with NGK Iridium plugs. That was about 125K. Most likely will replace around 150K or so with NGK again.

Originally Posted by addyguy
I notice you moved to M1 5W-20 HM....reason?

You have always stood by AFE 0W-20...?

I still do, however I had a slight weep around the VC gasket and thought I would give the HM a try.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tig1

I still do, however I had a slight weep around the VC gasket and thought I would give the HM a try.

Good to hear tig1. Your success with M1 is good
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Good to hear tig1. Your success with M1 is good
smile.gif

Thanks. Their oils have preserved engines quite well for me all these years.

You can just see how that thin oil is wearing this thing out. It'd be so much better and show so much less wear with a thicker oil, like 10w30 or even 15w50!
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nyumski
[Linked Image]

Still quite wondering how you keep managed this old engine 🤔

Well my engines all get 10K OCIs(miles not KMs) with M1 oils. In this case I have used 20 wt M1 and most of that was 0-20. I hope that answers your question.
cheers3.gif

This is of course very impressive. The m1 oils serve me well also. I have over 323,000 miles on my 2008 Toyota sienna van. Still runs great and I can't ever notice if the van uses any oil when I change it. I check the dipstick and so far it has not gone down that I can notice. I run the 5w-30 ep oil. I run it over 20,000 miles. Blackstone labs says to try it to 23,000 miles. At least I get my money's worth.

Originally Posted by billpace1956
This is of course very impressive. The m1 oils serve me well also. I have over 323,000 miles on my 2008 Toyota sienna van. Still runs great and I can't ever notice if the van uses any oil when I change it. I check the dipstick and so far it has not gone down that I can notice. I run the 5w-30 ep oil. I run it over 20,000 miles. Blackstone labs says to try it to 23,000 miles. At least I get my money's worth.

Great results! I have a friend that does 15-20K OCIs with M1 as well, with over 350K on his last Chevy 5.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back