Any use the cat extreme application %5 moly calcium sulfonate grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only 3.25 a tube at finning cat dealer hear in red deer alberta. Also there rebranded. Oil oil is much cheaper than the mobil distributor or any other store.

I haven't used it but here is a chart of the Extreme Application greases. If CAT says their Calcium Sulfonate with 5% moly is their premium product, I guess I would believe them. I noticed the Arctic version is good to -50 C. That out to be good enough for the guys up in Fort Mac.
laugh.gif
Welcome to the forum.

http://albahar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Cat-Extreme-Application-Grease.pdf

Last edited:
CAT has the highest moly content requirement for their certification (5%)....only one I have found and bought was the Schaeffers #238 that has 5% moly. $3.25 for tube for 5% moly is a great price no matter which $ it is I'd say. I paid closer to US$8 per tube and bought 10 of them.

Any company that supplies grease to construction, mining and heavy industry will most likely have 3% and 5% moly greases. There are a lot available.You can even find them in most auto supply stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back