BG MOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys i was just curious who uses BG motor oil additive, Any thoughts or opinions. its going to be the first time i use it.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by oilmutt
I want to try it,were can i buy it?

EBAY thats where i got mine

Not much. Sounds like snake oil to me.
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy paraffinic
This product contains less than 0.1% Benzine

MOA

Originally Posted by Trav
Not much. Sounds like snake oil to me.
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy paraffinic
This product contains less than 0.1% Benzine

MOA

in your opinion trav should i use it?

Originally Posted by Grambo

in your opinion Trav should i use it?

I'm guessing that's a NO

grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

• Haha
Reactions: a5m
Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Grambo

in your opinion Trav should i use it?

I'm guessing that's a NO

grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

There is no need for the hostility i was just asking a question

No, honestly if you need a thicker oil use one. This looks to me like just another way to bump the viscosity at a very high price. JMHO
What do want/need to accomplish? If we know that you can get some good recommendations.
thumbsup2.gif

No, honestly if you need a thicker oil use one. This looks to me like just another way to bump the viscosity at a very high price. JMHO
What do want/need to accomplish? If we know that you can get some good recommendations.
thumbsup2.gif

Im just going to change with liquimoly LL 5W40 like i normally do im not going to put any additives in, Thanks Trav for the advice!

Good oil, it shouldn't need anything added to it if the engine is in reasonable shape.
thumbsup2.gif

Only has 50k on it

Somebody recently posted a UOA with it and as far as I could see it bumped up the Ca and Mo levels from the virgin oil. So some added detergency and AW protection??...I couldn't see (from the UOA) that a huge jump in the 100c kv above the virgin oil had occurred, unless it sheared over the oci which is possible but not desirable IMO. So from the UOA it's unclear to me at least if it's a VM.

Lacking a TDS, it just seems like an expensive clone of Rislone... which I will use on occasion.

Last edited:
FWIW:

March 7, 2019
WICHITA, Kan. - New BG Advanced Formula MOA® has been upgraded from BG Extended Life MOA®. The new chemistry now meets API SN Plus standards and is specially formulated to protect turbocharged gasoline direct injection engines from Low Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI).

BG Advanced Formula MOA® also protects vehicles with downsized, boosted engines, which have hotter combustion temperatures, higher cylinder pressures, less piston ring tension and tighter tolerances than ever. This unstable environment is conducive to deposit formation and buildup.

Even high quality synthetic oils will degrade eventually. Unless the oil is fortified with enhanced protection against high heat, premature and hard-to-remove deposits will form on many engine components.

BG Advanced Formula MOA® is formulated with 100 percent synthetic chemistry. When added to engine oil, it protects engine components and fortifies all brands of engine oil for today's extended oil drain intervals.

LSPI safe
Keeps piston rings from sticking
Reduces wear
Stabilizes oil viscosity
Prevents sludge and varnish
Prevents increased exhaust emissions
Ensures reliability of critical engine components
Prevents excessive oil consumption
Extends engine life
Meets API SN Plus standards
Backed by the Lifetime BG Protection Plan® for up to $6,000
Automotive experts nationwide chose BG MOA® 5 to 1 over the nearest aftermarket competitor.* Find a BG shop near you and ask for BG Advanced Formula MOA® at your next oil change.

https://www.bgprod.com/blog/bg-advanced-formula-moa-is-now-lspi-safe/

IMO, BG is the most legitimate of the snake oil companies.

In the past all Acura dealers included BG MOA with an oil/filter change. I don't know if that is still practiced.

Yet all these dealers that offer these services are going against the manufacturers recommendation that additives not be used. These are huge profit makers for the dealerships with spiffs for the mechanics in the form of tokens in the cans.
Some BG products work better than others, the only real difference I can tell in the new and improved MOA is the synthetic oil carrier instead of dino. Very high priced for what you get.

I try to use products that work to address specific issues not just tossing products in because of some advertising claims. Legit issues like sticking rings and lifters, rear main leaks on older cars that would be cost prohibitive to repair and so on deserve a Hail Mary pass before an expensive tear down but that's about it otherwise modern engine oils are doing everything needed to keep the engine in good shape if maintained regularly.

i live in Wichita, KS. home of BG. the mechanics i know say nothing but good about BG.

Sure they do wouldn't you if everything you peddled and used had a token in it you could redeem? Some of their product are not bad but all are dramatically over priced.
I wait for someone to explain why manufacturers dealerships are peddling this stuff when the company they represent specifically states in the owners manuals that additives should not be used.

It certainly doesn't say non except the sometimes multi hundred dollar BG services offered by some of our dealerships. On top of that when they do recommend something it is with products with their own branding eg Toyota, Chrysler, Subaru, GM, etc top engine cleaner, coolant, trans fluids, engine oils and engine cooling system flushes.
They will stand behind the warranty if their branded products are used and something goes afoul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back