Walmart Selling OEM Toyota/Lexus Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to three Wal Marts in CT recently and have seen Toyota/Lexus OEM oil filters up on the top shelf. One had a bunch in the discount aisle for $2.00 each. Wonder whats up with that. People ordering online and never picking them up?

cameringo_20190821_222504.jpg

Last edited:
Believe it or not, of the several W*M stores in my area(4-5 stores) that I frequent, one in particular is selling other OE brands of filters(as is AutoZone). However, not all stores have jumped on board.

Interesting. It was the first time I noticed it. I guess if you own a Toyota or Lexus keep your eye on the discount aisles as well.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Believe it or not, of the several W*M stores in my area(4-5 stores) that I frequent, one in particular is selling other OE brands of filters(as is AutoZone). However, not all stores have jumped on board.

Interesting. It was the first time I noticed it. I guess if you own a Toyota or Lexus keep your eye on the discount aisles.

Mine has them for $6-7 but the number isn't in the little lookup computer and I can't remember 10 digit part numbers in my head.

(Yes I know 8 or 9 of those digits are universal and I just need the last one)

I'm nervous they might not be real Toyota filters. Guess I'm too paranoid. Plus I buy 10 at time from my dealer.

Maybe over stock for their service department?

Do they have the laser 3d stickers as proof or authenticity?

OTW China knockoff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gebo
I'm nervous they might not be real Toyota filters. Guess I'm too paranoid. Plus I buy 10 at time from my dealer.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

OTW China knockoff.

Walmart isn't going to get suckered into selling counterfeit or knockoff parts.

Toyota p/n: 04152-YZZA1

Nearby Walmart has them in stock here too.

I saw them in my Walmart first about 6 or 8 months ago for about $6 a filter. Problem being I could buy the same filter from my Stealership for just over $4.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I wish Walmart would start selling Honda filters.

I imagine they will soon enough. In the case of Honda filters, Nissan, Toyota, etc, it's easy for them because they typically have 1-2 filters for almost all models unlike Ford, GM, etc who have dozens of filters for their line-ups.

Makes sense since they already sell Delco, Motorcraft, and Mopar on their shelves. Maybe they get customer requests from their tire and lube for OE filters. The Toyota filter has the best design IMO, clean and simple. Never any with defects shown. No louvers, no excess potting glue, no tears, thicker can, not one thing.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Maybe over stock for their service department?

OTW China knockoff.

Sorry didn't notice the sticker.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I wish Walmart would start selling Honda filters.

They have been for a while.

Fram ToughGuard.

But in Silver... not Blue
smile.gif

I wish they sell Honda filter too . There 40% peoples driving Honda here and another 40% is TOYOTA and the rest is truck and other make .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back