Goodyear WeatherReady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any end users' comments? I just ordered a set for wife's Lexus ES350 from TireRack. $200 rebate if u use Goodyear credit card.

My work colleagues wants to get General RT43 $122 @BJ over Goodyear WeatherReady $133 @TRack. Price difference is $11 per tire. I sent him my analysis.

General RT43 is T rated, 75K mi warranty, no road hazard warranty for $122 per tire.

Goodyear WeatherReady is H rated, 60 K mi warranty, 2 yr road hazard warranty for $133 per tire. $183-$50.The tire incorporates the latest the technology to handle snow and is best in class.

I have them on my Elantra. They've been a great tire so far- quiet, nice handling, and are exceptional in the random heavy rain downpours we experience here. I got my tires for $107 from Sam's, for what it's worth.

tire manufacturers like drug companies do their own ratings!!! wear ratings are surely unreliable at best! tyres vary as what the buyer wants, i like a better performing tyre with decent life over one that lasts longer but gives up traction as tyres are ALWAYS a compromise!

What tire size is being referenced? I have V rated RT43 on my Accord right now. Comes in H or V for Accord size. Not saying it's wrong but somewhat surprised the RT43 only offered in T rated. Oh, and I've been very satisfied with the RT43s. Snow not a significant factor here.

215/55/17 looks like most common size for ES 350, TR shows RT43 T and (H or V, V looks applicable) for same price.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
What size tire is being referenced? I have V rated RT43 on my Accord right now. Comes in H or V for Accord size. Not saying it's wrong but somewhat surprised the RT43 only offered in T rated. Oh, and I've been very satisfied with the RT43s. Snow not a significant factor here.

215/55/17 looks like most common size for ES 350, TR shows RT43 T and (H or V, V looks applicable) for same price.

My colleagues RT43 T are 235/65/17.
My wife's Lexus ES350 are 215/55/17.
The Delaware pickup price-$40 - $200 rebate = $108 per WeatherReady tire.

The RT43s are $122 @TRack and have no current rebates. It is $14 more than the WeatherReady.

Last edited:
To current tire owners is the Winter traction anything special on them. Considering them for wife's 2018 Tiguan want something that has better then average winter traction in 215/65/17.

I have a set of the RT43's and they have been very good in rain and snow. In my opinion they are soft maybe T rated not sure. Ride good but don't handle well.
I have my last set of GY's that are Assurance Comfortred and they are awful for being one of GY better touring tires. Have has many GY tires throught the years and none have been very good and many have worn our or broken belts too early in tire life. The Comfortreds seem to keep losing their balance and need rebalanced about every 5-6,000 miles or I will get a pretty severe tire shake which I have never seen with another tire before.

Currently really loving my Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring. Great ride, smooth, handle great and so far wearing great.

I have had pretty good experiences with the Altimax series from General, not so much from Goodyear, those triple treads were by far the worst tire I ever owned and they were pricey. I never could get them to balance, they were rated at 80k miles but I dumped them at 40k. Didn't go after the pro rata as I didn't want another set, even at half price. I've had the odd issue with other brands but not usually all 4 tires. Hope your experience is better although I think your friend made the wiser choice.

Weren't the OE tires 94V or 94W rated? Wouldn't it make more sense to mount a tire that is similar to the OE tires?

Consumer reports reviewed both tires and the RT43 came out slightly ahead in dry braking and ice traction. Otherwise the ratings are identical. The Weatherready lasts a bit longer (75K v 70K). Both V rated. The T rated RT43 had longer life (80K) and was otherwise the same at the V rated tire (handling, etc), except for lower rolling resistance.

All are very good tires and you would be happy with any of them at that prices quoted. The Weatherready is overpriced without the rebate.

The still reasonably priced Continental Pure Contact LS (V) is another good option, with 90K mile life (especially if they have a rebate), but slightly higher rolling resistance than the RT43. Both are made by Continental. We have one of each (LS,RT43) and they are both excellent tires, and even good in snow and ice.

Last edited:
..My colleagues RT43 T are 235/65/17.
Ok, got it now. According to TR that looks to be somewhat of an SUV application size tire and the RT43 appears only offered T rated that size. Unlike RT43, no experience with WeatherReady but based on pricing and speed rating, with all GY rebates, does seem to currently offer a better value.

Originally Posted by spk2000

I have my last set of GY's that are Assurance Comfortred and they are awful for being one of GY better touring tires. Have has many GY tires throught the years and none have been very good and many have worn our or broken belts too early in tire life. The Comfortreds seem to keep losing their balance and need rebalanced about every 5-6,000 miles or I will get a pretty severe tire shake which I have never seen with another tire before.

Originally Posted by sloinker
I have had pretty good experiences with the Altimax series from General, not so much from Goodyear, those triple treads were by far the worst tire I ever owned and they were pricey. I never could get them to balance, they were rated at 80k miles but I dumped them at 40k. Didn't go after the pro rata as I didn't want another set, even at half price. I've had the odd issue with other brands but not usually all 4 tires. Hope your experience is better although I think your friend made the wiser choice.

This too has been my experience with Good/Year tires. For as many G/Y tire that I've owned over the years, the Assurance ComforTread were the best but, as stated, couldn't keep'em balanced just like ever G/Y tire I've owned in 45 yrs and Pricey too!

I did replace the G/Y ACTs with RT43 and liked them much better. No complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back