Chrome Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polished aluminum bar none, black wheels dont stand out from the pavement,tires, and shadingvfrom any vehicle perfect example is the Porsche up top.
[Linked Image]

In most applications I do not like chrome. I do like the nickel finish and I am one that likes the darker matte colored wheels

Originally Posted by Newman88
Polished aluminum bar none, black wheels don't stand out from the pavement,tires, and shading from any vehicle perfect example is the Porsche up top.

Are you looking at the whole car, or just the wheels ? On a sports car, like the Porsche, bright wheels just distract from the car itself. Sleek lines, flared fenders, rear spoiler etc. I would argue that the bright red calipers are a silly distraction as well. They should be black too.

On the truck, sure, nice wheels and tires. Sorry, what make and year was it ... ? 'Cause I never noticed, I was looking at the wheels !

Last edited:
Originally Posted by geeman789
Originally Posted by Newman88
Polished aluminum bar none, black wheels don't stand out from the pavement,tires, and shading from any vehicle perfect example is the Porsche up top.

Are you looking at the whole car, or just the wheels ? On a sports car, like the Porsche, bright wheels just distract from the car itself. Sleek lines, flared fenders, rear spoiler etc. I would argue that the bright red calipers are a silly distraction as well. They should be black too.

On the truck, sure, nice wheels and tires. Sorry, what make and year was it ... ? 'Cause I never noticed, I was looking at the wheels !

You aint a truck person if you don't know what your looking at lol...
Wheels are a big part of what makes a car/truck look good. Imagine if all modern cars still used hubcaps or worst painted black hubcaps? Theres taste and theres peoples opinion which we all know we all have one.

One of my good friends has a blog (whatever they are called) Wheels are Everything, and that is correct! Wheels are one of if not the most important part of a vehicle. They make such a huge statement in the appearance of a vehicle. I'm sure we have all seen cars that with the right set of wheels look tough with their patina paint. The wrong wheels, they are just an old rusted car. Also seen high end show cars that the wrong wheel makes them look like a low dollar ride instead of a high end show car.

Wheels really are everything.

Originally Posted by Redright9
One of my good friends has a blog (whatever they are called) Wheels are Everything, and that is correct! Wheels are one of if not the most important part of a vehicle. They make such a huge statement in the appearance of a vehicle. I'm sure we have all seen cars that with the right set of wheels look tough with their patina paint. The wrong wheels, they are just an old rusted car. Also seen high end show cars that the wrong wheel makes them look like a low dollar ride instead of a high end show car.

Wheels really are everything.

x2
thumbsup2.gif

I love white steel wheels. I have a set on my Cherokee and I recently painted the winter steelies for the Subaru white. I'm half tempted to paint the set on my F350 white too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back