Bad service from Amazon lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased an open box gaming laptop (ASUS) via amazon, and it crashed after a few months. The warranty had expired. ASUS stated that the warranty started with the original purchase. Contact amazon corporate, via e-mail (detailed) and was referred to ASUS. Corporate deflection.

Lesson learned! I saved $50.00 initially, but lost $1,000.

I don't fault amazon though. My fault. But, buyer beware....

This post made me think about my mistake....

Originally Posted by Dave9
Amazon still refuses to police fraudulent spec'd products like 18650 batteries, LED flashlights, etc. ...

How the heck are they supposed to "police' these items? Measure every battery?

There's many EXCELLENT websites to guide an intelligent buyer to the right product. You don't have to drive into town to use the library, you don't have to visit mechanics, you don't have to talk to friends across the country...

While their customer service is good, their logistics could use some work. They've mishandled 3 recent shipments of mine, one of which being a 21" industrial shop fan, which mysteriously went missing in transit. They refunded me and I got the same fan on Ebay, no drama. Amazon orders will just sit out there with a delivery date until you call them to find out [censored]. They don't seem to realize there's a problem until the customer brings it to their attention.

One shipment (USB cord) was deemed "lost in transit" over the phone after the delivery date became 5-days old, and they refunded me. I then drove to Walmart and bought one. Then
it showed up the next day. Then I received another one 4 days later. I wish this mistake had taken place with the $160 shop fan, and not the $3 USB cord.

Amazon delivery used to be outstanding but has gone down the tubes in the last year. I live 25 miles from their Baltimore warehouse and they've lost 4 of my last orders and were days late on several others. I don't take them seriously anymore but it was nice while it lasted. Customer service was good and money was refunded promptly.

They have been operating normally here. I wish they'd stat making me mad so could stop using them.

Originally Posted by hatt
They have been operating normally here. I wish they'd stat making me mad so could stop using them.

Give it time. They use UPS for some of their deliveries, and that's where most of my problems lie.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
Originally Posted by hatt

Give it time. They use UPS for some of their deliveries, and that's where most of my problems lie.

It's rare to get something from UPS these days. Most are Amazon drivers now. I'm sure location has a lot to do with this.

Originally Posted by FADEC
Been having poor service from Amazon for the last several months.

I am currently waiting on a package that was supposed to deliver on Monday, and now its Thursday. Says this

We're sorry your package is late
We're working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
Please come back tomorrow if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.

Ordered an air filter for some OPE that took over two months to get. Finally got last week.

Received this email today:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #xxxxxxx we recently discovered an error that caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

B'laster 16-PB Rust Free Penetrating Catalyst, 11-Ounces, 12 Pack

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've cancelled your order for this item, and you haven't been charged.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Really needed the PBlaster as I have an old metal trailer that was stored outside that I'm doing a overhaul on, and have many stuck bolts/nuts.

Anybody else having issues with Amazon??

This happened to me, too. Contacted Amazon and told them the posted price is the price. They gave me the original deal. Beware of third party resellers. In my experience lately, they falsely depict items and substitute lesser quality/lower cost items at the original price and keep the difference. Took multiple attempts for Amazon to understand this. Amazon is becoming clueless, in my opinion. To be safe now, I will only buy "sold" or "fulfilled" by Amazon. No third party resellers. Too many scams.

Amazon is no different than any other company. They try while they're a rising company, but once they've made it big, they stop trying...

I've had a heck of a time lately trying to order stuff from Amazon. I ordered a new TV tuning card for my computer and a week later I get the same message,

We're sorry your package is late
We're working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
Please come back tomorrow if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.

The day after that I was given a refund. I order it again, same thing happens again.

3rd time ordering it, it's on my doorstep the next morning.
21.gif

Amazon loses less things than I do. Just had to order a $3 drill bit because I have no clue where I put it. Free 2 day shipping. That's cheaper than gas to drive to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back