1dy Shipping, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered this on Monday, Labor Day and I got it Tuesday - the next day..1dy shipping, wow.. Amazon is making it waaay too easy to shop online!
[Linked Image]

I've had that happen. It depends where you are, and where the product is shipping from. My wife orders dog vitamins from Chewy.com. They usually come the next day because they ship from right down the road in Phoenix. Now that we moved, it will more than likely take an extra day.

I don't see your point. I get quite a few shipments from Amazon the next day. It's fairly common.

Would it surprise you to know that the USPS delivers Amazon packages on Sundays and holidays too? I try to time the order so it doesn't get here on a Sunday or holiday, but on Monday the USPS was delivering a package to a neighbor, and I've had them deliver on Sunday more than once.

How long have they been doing this one day shipping thing because I've ordered stuff in the last year and it usually takes a day to process and two days to get here, weekend dependent..but actually I usually select the no rush option. It's only on the rare occasion that I choose the 2dy thing.

And no, I've never had USPS deliver on a Sunday... guess I'm not ordering enuff ...‚

This is going to be dependent on where you live. They have numerous shipping centers all over the country, and I believe they try to keep the most common items in stock at all the centers, so those items can arrive next day for their customers. If its a rare item, that has to come from across the country, then expect a couple of days.

I live just over the New York City border in Westchester county. 1-2 day delivery times from Amazon are not that uncommon, at least for the popular products.

Very common to see 1-day on a lot of items. They now have Amazon day, where you pick one day for all of your orders to show up. Nice for areas with porch pirates.

Originally Posted by LotI
Very common to see 1-day on a lot of items. They now have Amazon day, where you pick one day for all of your orders to show up. Nice for areas with porch pirates.

Meth heads do that crap up here in WA. I keep a .22 next to the door just for those varmint. ...‚

Originally Posted by bubbatime
This is going to be dependent on where you live. They have numerous shipping centers all over the country, and I believe they try to keep the most common items in stock at all the centers, so those items can arrive next day for their customers.

This ^^^^. Contrary to what some have responded with, 1-day shipping is not Amazon's de-facto standard. Some areas see it, some do not.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
This ^^^^. Contrary to what some have responded with, 1-day shipping is not Amazon's de-facto standard. Some areas see it, some do not.

No, even here in the urban area around Milwaukee it is not. But on the other hand we also get some stuff same-day from the Kenosha distribution center, which is nice.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by LotI

Meth heads do that crap up here in WA. I keep a .22 next to the door just for those varmint. ...‚

Wait until you end up rotting in jail because you killed someone for stealing your toilet paper you ordered online.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Wait until you end up rotting in jail because you killed someone for stealing your toilet paper you ordered online.

Makes you wonder which is worse, meth or mercury?

Gosh, there's same day shipping around here. Order by like 10:00am and you'll have it same day. Used it a few times. Next day is probably half the Amazon items now.

Originally Posted by BobsArmory
My sister gets SAME DAY SHIPPING on many items. She must have a center nearby.

I've used Prime Now for a few things. The merchandise was delivered within 2 hours after placing the order. But there is a much more limited amount of things to choose from.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman

For starters, who said I would shoot the person as opposed to just using it to run someone off? 2ndly, before you assume that shooting someone on your property automatically results in a criminal charge/conviction, you should study up on my States laws regarding use of deadly force.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Makes you wonder which is worse, meth or mercury?

Well considering I'm the Mad Hatter, mercury....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back