Mazda CX-5, the best luxury SUV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Mazda CX-5 is the best luxury SUV. I am getting tired of my Mercedes GLS-550.

Should I consider CX-5 as my next car if the 0-60 speed is comparable?

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

I'll bite.

Yes, you should consider the CX-5. Though it's quite a bit smaller than the GLS. CX-9 might be a better fit for you if you're looking for something of similar size.

Though if you're looking for sports luxury specifically, the F-Pace and Q8 deserve a look.

Um...those two don't compare on any level except that they both have 4 tires and a hatch...

0-60 won't even be in the same ballpark.

What are you actually looking for?

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
It looks like Mazda CX-5 is the best luxury SUV. I am getting tired of my Mercedes GLS-550.

I would. Reliability will likely be better too. Mazda's interiors are well done. I had a 2014 Mazda 3 GT and 2015 SV 3. Both were excellent cars with great interiors.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B

Lol, GLS550 is a different size and class. I'd urge you to look at the Q7 S line, X5m, etc.

If you're selecting your next vehicle solely by 0 to 60 time, then no.

However, if you want to take the vehicle as a whole, the CX-5 is excellent in its class.

I think I'm getting tire eating filet mignon and drinkin 30yrs old scotch. should i switch to chicken livers and Jim Beam?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JLTD
If you're selecting your next vehicle solely by 0 to 60 time, then no.

However, if you want to take the vehicle as a whole, the CX-5 is excellent in its class.

The thing is, its not on the hotter end of the 2 row class, cost be [censored]. The GLS550 is a $100k vehicle. A Macan GTS or Audi Sq5 or Jag F pace type R, or similar is the 2 row equivalent.

Originally Posted by Donald
Some probably consider a Kia luxury.

Just depends how poor you are, it could be considered a luxury.

My dad owns a 2019 F-Pace with the supercharged V6. The interior should be better than it is and it wouldn't surprise me if the Mazda is actually better minus the performance.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
My dad owns a 2019 F-Pace with the supercharged V6. The interior should be better than it is and it wouldn't surprise me if the Mazda is actually better minus the performance.

Agreed, but the performance is a huge gap. Mazda is right there with upper model MB, BMW etc on fitment, but they dont offer the high level sound systems and massage seats etc. That the upper level euro models do. OP is talking about a near nothing barred model from MBs upper trim level, and it's a 3rd row to boot. It's just nonsequitur.

Originally Posted by Donald
I would think people would consider the Porsche Cayenne as a luxury SUV. I see them, but out of my price range unless I want to eat PB&J 3 meals a day.

I'm considering a Cayenne Turbo to replace the 911.

One owner, asking $15,000.

Why buy new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back