Do you need to tell your insurance that you tow a boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your idiot agent can't answer your questions, then either go up the chain of command to find one who can or change carriers.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I'm not going to pay for insurance on a boat that drives 2 miles down the road to the boat ramp a couple times a month. The boat and trailer is already insured in case it sinks or the trailer gets stolen, but I don't think they includes vehicle wrecks while being towed down the road.

I think you need to call your boat ins company, I am sure it is covered for all loses. Your car ins company is NOT going to pay for something you trailer.

They said it will cover it if it gets stolen or something like that, but as far as going down the road, that is through the truck insurance according to my boat insurance policy.

I've got my popup camper on my homeowner's policy so it's covered against theft or damage, but the liability for being on the road is covered under my auto policy. According to their terms, whatever gets towed behind my car is also covered.

Read your policy agreement. Mine specifically covers towed items under my comprehensive. Once it's hooked up it's considered part of the vehicle coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back