Moly EP grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Kubota tractor with a front end loader and a backhoe. The owners manual suggests using a molybdenum based grease designated as EP. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good brand of grease that meets these requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Schaeffers 274m as spasm3 suggests. 274.229.238 are all 3% moly and will work great in this application!

Exactly the same thing here - went with Schaeffers #238 - bought 10 tubes on ebay. Has 5% moly - highest I could find. Caterpillar has a spec for it and they list it for their excavators etc. Just finished a whole tube going through every grease fitting I could find on my L2501 bh77 TLB that was delivered yesterday.

Originally Posted by salesrep
Schaeffers 274m as spasm3 suggests. 274.229.238 are all 3% moly and will work great in this application!

#238 is 5% moly
the other 2 listed maybe 3%

Originally Posted by salesrep

238 claims 5% moly or am I missing something? I use the 238 on the Kubota B2650 bucket and backhoe and never had any trouble.

Caterpillar MPGM, Caterpillar's 5% Molybdenum Disulfide
Requirement for pin and bushing applications

https://www.schaefferoil.com/238-ultra-supreme.html

Where is the best place to buy Schaeffer's grease? What should I expect to pay for a tube? I can't find it around here.

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Schaeffer-Manufacturing-02382-029S-Supreme-Grease/dp/B00JF2L84Q/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Schaeffer%27s+238&link_code=qs&qid=1566952607&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1

Originally Posted by rideon
Where is the best place to buy Schaeffer's grease? What should I expect to pay for a tube? I can't find it around here.

Thanks

I got mine from ebay for less than $8/tube delivered - but I had to buy case of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back