girls and mowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks ago I gassed up my lawn tractor after mowing. The following week, took it out to get the mail and saw that my gas cap had been left off. Guess all sexes make mistakes.

Originally Posted by red7404
the other issue i have is that she cant pull hard. she is 77 but looks like she is 50. and all ways looks like she just stepped out of a fashion magazine. we are hoping to get married soon.

Then I'd be happy that she was willing to mow. Be nice about it, and maybe just check next time, when she isn't looking.

One time my neighbor brought me her lawnmower to look at. Her nephew mentioned something was wrong and "didn't feel right" while mowing. I found the engine mounting bolts were loose on the deck. I praised them for being observant and catching a problem early before someone got hurt.

I suspect that many women with mower problems are intentional so the fella won't ask them to mow anymore. Women aren't dumb.I do that to get out of doing stuff at home, like mixing whites and blacks in the washer. Ed

Originally Posted by Donald
I think men beat up and break mowers also. I guess it really depends upon whether the person is mowing the grass with pride in how the lawn will look or out of need to get it over with.

A safety gas can would have a spring loaded cap, cannot leave it open to the rain.

I am in the category to just get it done .

I agree. How badly can one mow a lawn?

Just so you know, I don't have a manicured lawn. It's more like field grass.

I think what Donald is saying in reference to pride and mower longevity is not ram rodding around the yard, mowing over anything that will fit under the deck, not taking known obstacles full tilt, mowing along solid, immovable objects carefully so as not to beat the mower up. All these things have a cumulative effect on the mower. Also being of the careful, prideful mindset probably increases the likelihood you'll take care of your mower in regard to maintenance and repairs.

I have a zero turn main mower, and a 1979 lawboy for a trimmer. Most people I would never trust to operate one. The Girlfriend is on that list.

yep finally got my GF squared away with a gasoline tank. i did gain thank yous from her.

I wouldn't throw women under the bus. There's some pretty stupid men out there. I would of just poured the gas out into another container then drained the water out. Now you have pure gasoline. That's how I make pure gas.

My Mom just started mowing this year after my Stepdad passed away. She asked me to go thru the whole bit, checking oil, adding gas and how the mower runs. She's mowed without issue since the grass started growing in the spring. She added oil once to keep between the marks on the dipstick.
My sister, however, has been mowing since before her divorce. Her ex must have been an idiot, as she called me cause the mower quit late in the spring. I took a look, and found zero oil. Dry dipstick. The magic smoke had been let out. She tells me she didn't know it could even be added. I felt bad, but I'm not loaning her my sort of spare mower. My Wife was shocked, even as a someone who doesn't use outdoor power equipment much. She tells me 'of course it needs oil, but I'd ask you to check it'.
At least she'd ask, and not wreck something. I know my boys both know maintenance is required, but I think only one would check things regularly to avoid a problem.

Originally Posted by Wheel
My Mom just started mowing this year after my Stepdad passed away. She asked me to go thru the whole bit, checking oil, adding gas and how the mower runs. She's mowed without issue since the grass started growing in the spring. She added oil once to keep between the marks on the dipstick.
My sister, however, has been mowing since before her divorce. Her ex must have been an idiot, as she called me cause the mower quit late in the spring. I took a look, and found zero oil. Dry dipstick. The magic smoke had been let out. She tells me she didn't know it could even be added. I felt bad, but I'm not loaning her my sort of spare mower. My Wife was shocked, even as a someone who doesn't use outdoor power equipment much. She tells me 'of course it needs oil, but I'd ask you to check it'.
At least she'd ask, and not wreck something. I know my boys both know maintenance is required, but I think only one would check things regularly to avoid a problem.

Did you just fill it up with oil and start it back up?

I did give that a try, as well as trying to free the rings with penetrating oil from the top. No compression. I believe it is done.

My father bought a new mower a few years ago. First thing he did was put a petcock on the fuel line so my mom cant start it, he said if Im away and mom wants to mow just come over and mow our front yard for us. He was tired of buying blades and spindals on the old mower from her running over stuff. One day she called me and said she was on the phone with Craftsman customer service for an hour and couldent get the mower started. I said I know mom, I'll come over and mow your grass then. I started the mower right away and mowed her grass and she said "you must have the magic touch". I said yeah, something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back