Recent layout change - wraps username when OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
About two weeks ago, I noticed that the column where a poster's username and other details changed slightly. It looked different enough that I knew something changed but I can't say what. Anyway, one aspect of this change that wasn't done "properly" (well, I suppose that's opinion) is when a username is over ~10 characters and they are the OP, their username gets line-wrapped. If I am correct, this post will be affected. It will look something like this:

hallstevens
55.gif
OP
on
Browser width has no impact. If you resize your browser window, the column in question remains a fixed width.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
when a username is over ~10 characters and they are the OP, their username gets line-wrapped. If I am correct, this post will be affected. It will look something like this:

hallstevens
55.gif
OP
on
Browser width has no impact. If you resize your browser window, the column in question remains a fixed width.

On my end it looks normal. Your username does not break up in two lines. I checked on multiple machines and browsers.

What browser are you using?

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
About two weeks ago, I noticed that the column where a poster's username and other details changed slightly. It looked different enough that I knew something changed but I can't say what. Anyway, one aspect of this change that wasn't done "properly" (well, I suppose that's opinion) is when a username is over ~10 characters and they are the OP, their username gets line-wrapped. If I am correct, this post will be affected. It will look something like this:

hallstevens
55.gif
OP
on
Does this only happen when you are the OP? The letters "OP" take up the space needed to prevent the wrap. @Arco - I am betting that yours in the same when you are the OP.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Does this only happen when you are the OP? The letters "OP" take up the space needed to prevent the wrap. @Arco - I am betting that yours in the same when you are the OP.

Yes. I referenced the fact that it happens when the person is the "OP" in the subject and body.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Could you shorten your username if this bothers you?

No
Originally Posted by Fawteen
Sounds like a non-problem.

Yet you felt the need to comment....

Looks OK in Firefox. Wrapped in both Explorer and Chrome.

Capture-1.JPG

Is 'hallstevenson' actually two words? If so, maybe ask the mod to put a space between the two words in your username. That will allow forum software to break it up into two lines more neatly.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Is 'hallstevenson' actually two words?

Nope, one word. Snapshot off my Android.

Screenshot_2019-09-03-11-42-43-1.png

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

That wasn't my question. I was asking if OP would like it to be two words, for example "hall stevenson."

That wasn't my question. I was asking if OP would like it to be two words, for example "hall stevenson."

You asked the question: "Is 'hallstevenson' actually two words?"

I answered your question. If he wants it two words that's up to him.

I answered your question.
Except the question was not directed at you.

So what, you asked and got the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back