Durex classic green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally green is best for classic cars/rads. Classic green has been around so long that there's nothing proprietary about it. Any brand, even NAPA or AutoZone store brand, will work.

What color is in there now?

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Generally green is best for classic cars/rads. Classic green has been around so long that there's nothing proprietary about it. Any brand, even NAPA or AutoZone store brand, will work.

greenish brown.

Originally Posted by jakewells

greenish brown.

Greens your coolant color...brown means it needs changing ASAP!...‚

Any green or yellow coolant will work just fine in your older system. Some classic car websites swear by nothing but green but truth is a yellow will work just as good. If it were me, I'd go green and drain and fill it every couple of years. How long does it take take to do a drain and fill???..btw, you can top off with green or yellow and it won't impact the chemistry (it won't turn a green into a long life though).. and you shouldn't need to flush every time if you're changing it every couple years. But based on your "brown" situation, I'd do a flush before putting in fresh fill.

Got the block and radiator drained and flushed with water. I will fill it with durex tomorrow.

Eazy peazy lemon squeezy, right?ðŸ‘

Got the block and radiator drained and flushed with water. I will fill it with durex tomorrow.

Eazy peazy lemon squeezy, right?ðŸ‘

yep 1 gallon of straight to 2 gallons of distilled water easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back