Star Tron Ring Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondering if anybody ever gave this cleaner a shot?
amazon reviews from the boating community are not bad.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm using this on a 2008 Scion tC oil burner. About half a bottle in and my son just started school, so I'll watch for any change now that it's driven more.

Yamaha makes a special ring cleaner additive for their outboards....

I wonder if this is a similar formulation?

Doesn't the WHOLE REASON the product "Sea-Foam" exists in the first place was as an outboard engine cleaner?

StarTron is a reputable company in the boating world.

My question is does it clean all 3 rings or just the top one. An oil burner will typically have an issue with the lower ring, oil control ring (assuming its not bad bearings or something else causing the oil burning). Not sure how much fuel will get there with this stuff mixed in.

2014 prius /
they have sometimes problems with coked rings, which eventually leads to head gasket failure /
gotta do pretty much everything to avoid this....

Originally Posted by Donald
StarTron is a reputable company in the boating world.

My question is does it clean all 3 rings or just the top one. An oil burner will typically have an issue with the lower ring, oil control ring (assuming its not bad bearings or something else causing the oil burning). Not sure how much fuel will get there with this stuff mixed in.

Only leaking oil past the pistons or guides for numerous reasons or drawing oil in from a blown gasket or turbo seal into the combustion chamber causes oil "burning", bearings, camshafts, etc play no role in it.

Subaru has an upper engine cleaner, Honda does, Polaris has an upper engine cleaner, Yamaha has an upper engine cleaner, GM has an upper engine cleaner, Mopar does too.

But most of these are sprayed into the combustion chamber while running via aerosol.

For what you have pictured, i would rather use Redline Si-1. "Cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a concentrated blend of the most powerful high-temp and low-temp detergents available Cleans all forms of fuel injectors, including GDI....

I have serious doubts about this product. Why? Because they claim that it has enzymes. Enzymes are biological molecules (typically proteins), in other words, they are something that can't survive in a petroleum/solvent environment.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Subaru has an upper engine cleaner, Honda does, Polaris has an upper engine cleaner, Yamaha has an upper engine cleaner, GM has an upper engine cleaner, Mopar does too.

But most of these are sprayed into the combustion chamber while running via aerosol.

For what you have pictured, i would rather use Redline Si-1. "Cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a concentrated blend of the most powerful high-temp and low-temp detergents available Cleans all forms of fuel injectors, including GDI....

Agree!! Could be used in conjunction with a pea based throttle body spray like crc GDI or royal purple.

touché /
you got me with this one; didn't think about that /
if nething in this stuff cleans the rings, for sure it's obviously not enzymes /

Originally Posted by wag123
Originally Posted by StarCaller
enzyme function in organic solvents
OK then, assuming that enzyme molecules can be made to survive in petroleum gasoline, what about their ability to survive the heat and pressure of combustion?

At up to 4500f, not much will survive the combustion chamber. And do you really want an additive surviving the combustion process? (anything hard has the potential to scar) I think even PEA gets annihilated in the process but in the nano seconds before combustion the atomized PEA attaches itself to any carbon in the chamber and the heat activates it and the carbon flakes off and exits via the exhaust valve.

Not sure if "activates" is the right term but it has something to do with heat making/allowing PEA to work better at removing carbon than other additives like PIBA, which is normally used in cheaper cleaners like a FI alone cleaner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule

I don't see anything in this paper to support carbon removal in Internal Combustion engines.

it was rather about the 'survival' of the enzymes in the gasoline /
for the carbon removal they probably go with some regular pae ingredient /

I don't see anything in this paper to support carbon removal in Internal Combustion engines.

Assuming certain enzymes might survive in gasoline, what is their use or usefulness?

Are you associated with the StarTron company?

Assuming certain enzymes might survive in gasoline, what is their use or usefulness?

Are you associated with the StarTron company?

Hmm.. infiltrator, corp spy, sales and mktg shill or just a Star Tron sycophant?.. inquiring minds want to know!...‚...‚...‚

nope, no connection at all to this company /
I just thought maybe they really found out something new by using enzymes, patent it, put it on the market with an above average price /
if you look at that video here, they really have kind of a big plant, so it's not like a guy in his garage is trying to sell his home-brewn stuff /
starTron plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back