EverSart Wal-Mart Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
So if Exide and JC are bad, what is recommended?

Get the one with best warranty and ease of exchanging for warranty.

Originally Posted by Nukeman7
Originally Posted by Nukeman7
When shopping for the EverStart batteries at WalMart, you can easily determine the manufacturer of the auto or marine battery.

Why is that important to know? I mean, are you going to walk out the door if it's one manufacturer or another?

You bet I'm walking if it is manufactured by Exide. I'm not wasting a penny on any Exide battery. My experience with them has been atrocious. On BITOG, StevieC and Chris 142 have had similar history with Exide.
Add me to this list, I've had bad experiences with Exide dying prematurely (and JCI ones leaking acid for that matter)-only East Penn for me, although the $47.88 WM Valupower one in the xB has made it 2 uneventful years already.

yep exide are terrible.. had SO MANY with leaking posts.. even ones that came with used tractors (because I quit buying them new) were terrible..

Have had a much better experience with the JC made AAP batteries.

I have had an Everstart Value $48 group 24 in my car for just over a year now with no problems or corrosion at all.

My friend has had 2 Rural King (Exide) batteries in his Camaro in the past year, by 3 months old both of them had started leaking and corroding real bad.

Using some leftover car audio wire and terminal lugs I fabricated him a new set of battery cables as he had corrosion going almost a foot up into the wire, I stripped the insulation back it was nastyyyy.

He ended up throwing a Toyota (Johnson) battery he scored at the junkyard in the car, no issues as of yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by fantastic
My 2 yr old 27 exide on my basement sump pump (in float mode), after being unhooked for 24 hours & being 2 years old, held 13.46v!

If your battery was holding 13+ volts I can guarantee it's low on water - check and add water every three months on an exide, as they can gas out more than others. Also, guess who (at least used to) make basement watchdog's batteries - exide...

East Penn - aka Deka or Duracell. Also sold at some Meijer locations as their house brand.

All made in the USA

Originally Posted by HorseThief

East Penn - aka Deka or Duracell. Also sold at some Meijer locations as their house brand.

All made in the USA

^^^^^^^^

Exactly right.

My Walmart started selling them in June. Not one has comeback yet for warranty.

I put a new Exide/Everstart in the CRV. Now you guys are scaring me.

I have never used their marine batteries but have had excellent service from the Everstart batteries over the years. I have gotten 5-7 years from each one. My oldest one going strong I bought in 2012.

Last edited:
I have Interstate in my boat. I will replace one battery in the spring after nine years. The second battery is still fine. I would say that is a pretty good service life.

All the EverStart batteries in my local Walmart are "EP." That probably explains why the one we just replaced in my son's car was five years old. It was already in the car when I bought it. The Walmart tech scanned it and said it had been installed five years earlier. That is a very good lifespan for a flooded cell battery in Texas.

I've had varied luck with Everstart batteries. The warranty is good and the price is competitive but I've had more than one occasion leaving me wondering if my vehicle would "ever start"! 🤣

The 2 Walmart Marine Batteries in my boat are 6 years old going on the 7th summer coming up...I leave my boat covered in an outdoor storage with two $20 Harbor Freight solar chargers hooked up during the winter,,,So far they always are charged up when I go back in the summer! Well see this year!

I have a ever start in my camry that was manufactured 9/13. Just made it through another winter. This battery was manufactured by JCI and has probably been in the car for 125,000 miles. I've always had good luck with JCI battery's but will go with a different brand if the new ever starts are indeed manufactured by Exide. I've had several of those in the past, never again.

Last edited:
beat me to it.
lost water=high s.g and higher standing voltage.
a real deep cycle is lead antimony which uses water faster than a lead calcium.regardless of brand.
Originally Posted by HorseThief
Originally Posted by fantastic
My 2 yr old 27 exide on my basement sump pump (in float mode), after being unhooked for 24 hours & being 2 years old, held 13.46v!

If your battery was holding 13+ volts I can guarantee it's low on water - check and add water every three months on an exide, as they can gas out more than others. Also, guess who (at least used to) make basement watchdog's batteries - exide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back