2014 Model Year Fords - 6F35 Transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site is super helpful for crowdsourced, reliable, information (from people who seem to know their stuff).... I posted a couple of weeks ago about Ford Transit Connect vans (the "mini-vans", not the cargos, not the full size transits). I'm still researching more on every model year within my price range.

I've read a couple of horror stories about the 2014 model year TCs with the 6F35 transmissions. Anyone experience harsh shifting in this model year of any ford vehicle with the 6F35 transmission and 2.5L i4 engine combo?

I've read that it's super important to be absolutely sure that the transmissions have been serviced and fluids changed, which improves longevity.

Any opinions thoughts here to share? Any help is SUPER appreciated.

IMO the first change is the most important because it gets any break-in debris out. My mom has a 2014 Fusion with the 6F-Mid Range. The fluid was changed around 7k due to a leak from the side cover. She is almost at 40K so I am going to change it again with Motorcraft Mercon LV1

I service a fleet of those Transit Connects with the 6F35. They're all used by an internet company that's installing fiber in the area. Let me tell you, these guys drive them HARD.

I have yet to see any failures with the 2.5/6F combo or the 1.6 turbo/6F combo. I would buy one with confidence, an service it regularly.

It's a fine gearbox just change the ATF with DEXRON VI or MERCON LV before 50K and the again every 50-75K miles the transmission should hold up well.

A friend has a 2010 Fusion with this trans and has 210K and no problems. My grandson has a 2012 Fusion with this trans with 120K and no problems. My own 2017 Fusion now has 75K and it's fine.

The 6F35 is a proven and, IMHO, an unfairly maligned transmission.

My 2010 Fusion with the 6F35 has nearly 275,000 miles on it, and the transmission still works as well as it did the day I got it. Crisp, clean, responsive shifts. Zero issues.

It gets a single drain and fill every 25k - 30k miles, with either genuine MC Mercon LV or Valvoline MaxLife.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
The 6F35 is a proven and, IMHO, an unfairly maligned transmission.

My 2010 Fusion with the 6F35 has nearly 275,000 miles on it, and the transmission still works as well as it did the day I got it. Crisp, clean, responsive shifts. Zero issues.

It gets a single drain and fill every 25k - 30k miles, with either genuine MC Mercon LV or Valvoline MaxLife.

Thanks! Super helpful!

Originally Posted by tig1
A friend has a 2010 Fusion with this trans and has 210K and no problems. My grandson has a 2012 Fusion with this trans with 120K and no problems. My own 2017 Fusion now has 75K and it's fine.

Thank you so much! Super helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back