Best Chassis Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next in the tube is Lucas Red and Tacky #2 multi purpose grease.

Hoping it is compatible with the Valvoline above.

No grease points on the truck but the trailer bearings and mower do.

My vote for best chassis grease would have to go to DELO EP-2 ESI.....highest timken load rating I have seen. LB rating only though for some reason.

Originally Posted by tundraotto
My vote for best chassis grease would have to go to DELO EP-2 ESI.....highest timken load rating I have seen. LB rating only though for some reason.

Their product sheet mentions wheel bearing use. Odd that it is not GC rated.

Originally Posted by Rob_Roy

I know right! Pictures and wording of bearings everywhere in the tube and literature. I bought it to replace the GC-LB Supertech Red I was using as I was down to my last tube and was very disappointed to not see a GC-LB certification....bought a new grease gun.
Someone mentioned that it was possibly due to not low enough low-temp capabilities....but that doesn't apply to my location - I needed the high temp/high scar more.

Last edited:
I just use Mystik JT-6 No. 2 hi-temp red grease on pretty much everything. It's also a GC-LB 80# rated grease and you can find it in virtually every store where you'd buy oil or grease.

[Linked Image]

L8R,
Matt

08A9A87D-1457-475B-A45A-AE8591C60183.png

Last edited:
As an update, I checked what the case at the shop was and it turned out to be Valvoline muli-purpose red #2. I picked up some Valvoline full synthetic #2 (SynPower) and am greased everything on the truck. The truck DEFINITELY needed a greasing as it took quite a few pumps to get everything lubed properly (boots were very very empty). From what I've read on multiple other BITOG posts, the Valvoline full synthetic is hard to beat as an amazing "one gun for everything" grease. It isn't awful at ~$9/tube, especially since I won't go through it extremely fast only greasing my one truck (13 grease points - 11 ball and socket joints, 2 universal joints).

Originally Posted by Rob_Roy

https://www.nlgi.org/certifications/product/

However, Delo ESI #2 is Mercedes approved for their wheel bearings, which is odd. I used it for a repack on a friend's truck.

I've been using this lately for ball joint and tie rod lubrication, it's not GC-LB rated but I doubt WD-40 would risk their name with grease. It's a calcium complex grease, which is naturally water resistant and has inherent EP qualities as well. https://www.wd40.com/products/true-multi-purpose-grease/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back