Hurricane Dorian SWL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
For those of you not Amateur Radio Operators you can still listen in to the Hurricane Emergency Networks

Main Frequency is: 7.268 MHz

Hurricane watch net DORIAN 40 meter: 7.268 MHZ Link (7.268 MHz Link, Lower sideband)

Another Frequency is:
Hurricane watch net DORIAN 20 meter: 14.326 MHz Link (14.326 MHz Link Upper sideband)

The Waterway Net and Maritime Mobiles net is on 80 meters at 3.815 MHz Lower sideband

The North Florida Net is on 3.950 MHz with the South Florida Net at 3.940 MHz (Both on 80 meters) Lower sideband.

You control the Mode (LSB or USB) with the Pushbuttons and enter the frequency in the Green Panel, then Return.

The Band in meters is above the green Frequency panel. For example, 7268 or 7268.00 is 7.268 MHz

and 14326 is 14.326 MHz.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I have a Sony 7600 shortwave radio with upper and lower sideband. I don't know the frequency range it has, but I'll try it out.

Originally Posted by BobsArmory
ANy way we can listen to these from a computer?

Yes use the links.

The output of a receiver is feeding these links.

7.268 MHz is most active as of now.

Last edited:
Looks like it has petered out to a Category 2 and will produce some wind and a lot of rain, the Florida up to the Carolinas coastline, then hook out and go out to sea on Friday. Glad it weakened.

Be safe out there, BITOGers.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
This must be some sort of software defined radio system, is it? Quite interesting.

WebSDR systems. Essentially sample the entire band of radio at once. Interesting tech for sure..

It is a Software Defined Radio. SDR's have wideband receiver circuits that digitally sample narrow slices of the band via dual conversion Intermediate Frequencies (IF). The last IF stage is tunable and feeds the Digital-to Analog converter.

Originally Posted by talest
Looks like it has petered out to a Category 2 and will produce some wind and a lot of rain, the Florida up to the Carolinas coastline, then hook out and go out to sea on Friday. Glad it weakened.

Be safe out there, BITOGers.

High tides and surge on top of that will take its toll … but was looking even worse for a while …

Best give my gens another look … the girls have stockpiled food/water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back