Best Online Used Car Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.
CraigList seems out. Autotrader, Cars.com, Truecar, etc.

Have y'all found really good sights to do used car searches?

Facebook Marketplace is the best currently if u want to buy from an individual.

If you are looking for a flipper or el cheapo .. letgo.com I have bought some cars off of there cheaper than junk prices.

Originally Posted by Gebo

What's wrong with CL? Now that they started charging everybody, it's cut down the ads from scammers and dreamers.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Gebo

What's wrong with CL? Now that they started charging everybody, it's cut down the ads from scammers and dreamers.

I'm having trouble finding any listings for what I am looking for.

Cargurus and Autotempest are what I have been using when researching.

Both of my recent purchases were found through Carguru, but was looking for a newer used vehicle.
I have bought off craiglist in the past, and it does seem it has gotten better with the $5 fee for listing.
I have heard a lot about facebook marketplace, but I don't have facebook, so no personal experience.

I used just about all of them until I found my van on cars.com if I remember correctly. I was able to get the van with less mileage than a small SUV for less money.

I like autotrader, cars.com, cargurus, and truecar. Autotempest doesn't allow you to narrow the search options enough, and I've never had any luck finding what I'm looking for on CL...

Cargraph if you are going nationwide for a very specific car

Now that cars.com owns almost all of the others it's the go to site, just gotta remember that you either
1. Wait
2. Overpay
3. Travel

If you want a fair price.

Local buying is almost dead unless you just buy whatever is cheap

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Cargraph if you are going nationwide for a very specific car

Now that cars.com owns almost all of the others it's the go to site, just gotta remember that you either
1. Wait
2. Overpay
3. Travel

If you want a fair price.

Local buying is almost dead unless you just buy whatever is cheap

Never heard of cargraph before so I checked it out. I didn't care for it because it doesn't allow you to filter your search criteria (i.e., searching for a specific color, transmission type, etc. The others may be owned by cars.com, but you'll still see listings on one that won't be on the other, so it pays to look at them all. Buying local is only good if you're not looking for something rare...if you want something rare, you're going to be traveling anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back