I must abscond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big changes are happening. My 17-year-old son is off to university in MA in a couple of days. He'll be taking our cat Smoky, and one of my credit cards, with him. I myself have taken on the last assignment with my current department and will be out of the country until March next year. I'll turn in the company car I have been driving for the last two years and get out of here on Wednesday. My parents will look after my house. After my return, I will go back to my old department that I quit 6 years ago so I would be able to raise my son by myself. Now, he will be financially secure no matter what might happen to me and after finishing up the current assignment I can go back to doing the job I enjoyed most. I won't be able to post on the forum until March. I would like to thank those of you who have given me useful advice for the last couple of years and I wish all of you well.

Godspeed. I'm praying for you and your family. I'm sure your next chapter in your life will be fruitful and with many surprises.

Look forward to seeing you in the Spring. Good luck to all
56.gif

Make sure you review your homeowner's policy if you parents aren't living @ your house.

There may be some requirement to notify the insurance company if the house is unoccupied.

Safe travels!

You made a life detour for you and your son, first class dad move, well done sir.

And interesting choice of words:

Abscond - leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to avoid detection of or arrest for an unlawful action such as theft.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marco620
Some Govt activity prevents electronic contact/comms on security concerns.

Oh the OP is announcing his deployment on a Black ops mission here on BITOG. Come on now. I wasn't born yesterday.
50.gif

Originally Posted by vavavroom
My 17-year-old son is off to university in MA in a couple of days. He'll be taking our cat Smoky, and one of my credit cards, with him.

Is that the best idea? I mean about the cat?

At 17, he should have a credit card in his name tied to yours. Basically he would be an authorized user. Not all banks allow it, many do.

Hello everyone. A Merry belated Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Having finished my assignment two months early, I am about to return home. I will address some of your questions in a probably unsatisfying manner. I'll have some catching up to do to see what I have missed over the last 3 months. 99% of my online time has been job-related and the rest was spent communicating with my family. More in a couple days.

Just to follow up on some of your comments. No black ops here. Only my son, parents, and a few coworkers knew where I went. Thanks to an NDA and with my pension on the line I won't say any more about that. The cat is doing fine. He's still with my son on the left coast and will likely stay there for the time being. My house was looked after by my parents and I had the housekeeper stay over a couple nights every week. I also have a very good security system and nosy neighbors. Breaking into my place is not the difficult part. Getting out is. Next, I will go visit my son for a few days and after coming back I'll start planning my vacation in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back