Enterprise rental sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had a Enterprise rental. One of their guys was taking me to the repair shop to pick up my car. I heard them tell him to drop it off at Merchants on the way back. I questioned him about it and it was for an oil change. He told me they change the oil in all their cars every 2600 miles. He said if the car comes in around or over 2600 miles on the oil, they have to get it changed because the computer won't let them rent it. It seems to me that you could buy a rental from them and have a pretty good car. Years ago I bought a couple of cars from Hertz from the NYC area. I don't think they took very good care of those cars but they served me well.
Enterprise would be a better car.

I doubt Enterprise has such a short OCI.
All I know is when I rent a car and occasionally I do, I do things in it I wouldn't do in my own cars like going over rough railroad tracks at my typical 5 MPH over the speed limit driving style.

Rentals have seen more butts than a dive bar ashtray. Some people beat on them, especially the lower end models and the sports cars. Lincolns and Caddys, not as much. Usually they are mid-level equipped so don't expect to find a fully loaded version if that is what you want.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Rentals have seen more butts than a dive bar ashtray. Some people beat on them, especially the lower end models and the sports cars. Lincolns and Caddys, not as much. Usually they are mid-level equipped so don't expect to find a fully loaded version if that is what you want.

Exactly. A lot of people beat the snot out of them. I wouldn't buy one, nor would I buy a lease return. Some people swear by them, obviously opinions vary.

Well you know what they say, the best off road vehicle is a rental car. Friend rented a Jeep once, went driving around in the national parks, even went a little off road at one point. Read the contract afterwards, said no off roading. It had a soft top too, it was in the winter and at one point it snowed about 15+ inches overnight and it also seemed to have stretched the fabric a bit. But when he returned it, they never said a thing.

I think this Enterprise guy had his numbers mixed up. There's no way they're changing oil on their whole fleet every 2600 miles.

Purchased plenty off off-rentals when I was driving 30,000 miles a year in outside sales. Never had an issue with any of them. Buy one-perform a wheel alignment and an oil change and you are good to go!

Well I just looked at some online. Their Carfax's show almost no oil changes. The few listed are about 6k miles. So I don't know if I believe the guy. I may go by there and ask the office about it. It does seem too good to be true.

Originally Posted by atikovi

There were some High end models, pickups and Caddys.

I work for Enterprise and it is true we cannot rent if it needs an oil change. It lets us know on the computer and corporate gets on our case about it if we dont handle it. The branches actually get rated on their oil change score in a company email that all branches can see and of course your branch always wants to beat the other branches. Yes the rentals get driven hard but they are always maintained and honestly i think driving them hard does them good because they always seem to run great. Plus if the car has any defects or issues i would assume they would probably show up sooner rather than later.

I have heard about the oil change intervals with rental cars and how frequently they perform them, which I think is great, but would I buy one? No, absolutely not.

I have debated with myself about it in the past...to buy/not to buy. Someone gave me very good advice when I said that I always drive rental cars easily and take car of them. He said, well you might drive them carefully, keep in mind if ten people rent that car, eight of them beat the ever living snot out of it. And I thought...well he's right.

20+ years ago I worked at a shop that serviced Enterprise rentals. Back then they didn't want to spend money on any repairs. We had to fire them as a customer over thin brake rotors they wanted us to pad up.

It was a beat to snot Chrysler 200 Enterprise rental that treated me to the spare-less concept . Some spare in a can and a plug in compressor. Soft tire in driveway. Not a fan.

Rented a 4WD side by side in Moab a few years ago. Going was getting pretty rough at one point so we turned around, then we saw a Yaris coming from where we decided not to go. Bet it was a rental lol.

Originally Posted by andyd
It was a beat to snot Chrysler 200 Enterprise rental that treated me to the spare-less concept . Some spare in a can and a plug in compressor. Soft tire in driveway. Not a fan.

Sounds like more of Chrysler only providing you with spare-less car.
It is sad that Enterprise provide you with this type of car but I don't think it is entirely Enterprise fault.
It can happen to any car rental company offering the same car.

I couldn't rent an enterprise rental even if I wanted. It seems you need to give them a couple days notice to rent one in my area.

It may be like the Enterprise across the street from me. They can get me pretty much anything I want but they have to have a runner fetch it from the airport about 8 miles away. Two days notice works well.

My car was a rental, doesn't bother me, it just means it was driven like I would have driven it anyways, and still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back