Pressure washer adjustable nozzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Craftsman pressure washer. It works OK but I have not used it much over the years. Using it now to wash the house prior to painting. But I cannot get the adjustable nozzle to slide forward so it is in low flow mode for cleaning solutions. It has an internal clip that secures it but that obviously needs to stay in place. Am I just not using enough muscle power to pull it out and go to low flow? The stream/fan adjustment works OK.

Pics of said nozzle

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have the exact nozzle from an old craftsman washer. Spray the nozzle liberally with WD40 or something similar. Let it work in, then place the wand in a vertical position with your feet/shoes on the little ridge on the head and push and pull the wand up and down to free up the head.

Last edited:
It must not be the yellow that moves but the black that is on the wand that the yellow is attached to? The yellow will not move in relation to the black because of the clip.

I'll give it a good soaking.

Originally Posted by SHOZ
It must not be the yellow that moves but the black that is on the wand that the yellow is attached to? The yellow will not move in relation to the black because of the clip.

I'll give it a good soaking.

The yellow and black piece are together and will move together When it is all the way down you will see a brass connector where the black piece was. About 1/4" inch showing. Use lots of lube...it can be stuck!

Soaked it overnight with some lube and it is still seized.
frown.gif
Thinking of converting the thing to quick disconnects.

Took the tip apart soaking now in Mouse Milk penetrating oil. I found some replacement kits for the quick disconnects for around $17 on the eBay.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The above pic shows it just a bit too much compressed. You can not get the pin back in that holds the black part to the brass. So I put it in a vice and using screwdrivers and chisels as wedges drove the slot open fully to be able to take it apart. Crusty orings and a mineral buildup on the brass were the issue.

I'm guessing that little use of the low/hi feature plus dropping the gun/hose so it hits on the yellow end jams it in tight against the internal corrosion. Bad design and I see why they don't make it anymore.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back