BlueDriver scan tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any comments on this product? reads/clears codes, then has live capability to monitor all sensors displayed on your phone as you drive!! and more.

BlueDriver link

I ordered one excited to put it in action...have all the antilock and vsc lights on after my Lexus brake job.

cool, do you run it as a monitor as your driving?

Last edited:
I love mine. The one issue I have is I tend to forget to remove the transmitter and then I have to check around and try and find which car it is in.

Very accurate. Use your car VIN for the most accurate info. It saves all our info. It does take several minutes to complete a report when you are
searching for all codes.

I have a Blue Driver- works great. Keep your smartphone software updated, and periodically the firmware is updated for the OBD2 scanner - this is done from the phone. Overall it seems well engineered and intuitive.

IMO it depends on what your needs are. For about $50 more you can buy another product which will allow you to perform some tasks such as battery registration, fuel injector coding, Transmission temps, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
IMO it depends on what your needs are. For about $50 more you can buy another product which will allow you to perform some tasks such as battery registration, fuel injector coding, Transmission temps, etc.

I think Autel's AP200 will do that for $69. Pretty sure I watched a video of someone do an injector coding on a BMW with one anyway.

I use cheap Bluetooth dongle and an app that total cost was 3.00. I read transmission temp on Caravan and even cleared airbag light on Kia. Ses to do what I need at this time. Best part is Mode 6 support.

"IMO it depends on what your needs are. For about $50 more you can buy another product which will allow you to perform some tasks such as battery registration, fuel injector coding, Transmission temps, etc."

Which product?

Last edited:
got a problem...BlueDriver sees my Lexus ABS & VSC codes then clears them but the dash lights remain! how do I get the lights out?

Originally Posted by dblshock
got a problem...BlueDriver sees my Lexus ABS & VSC codes then clears them but the dash lights remain! how do I get the lights out?

If it clears them, unplug the scanner and restart the car. Lights should be off unless the fault is happening currently.

This happens on my autel from time to time, when i plug it in and scan while the car is on, it will turn the light on and sometimes stay on. Key cycle works for me.

Originally Posted by CB900F2
"IMO it depends on what your needs are. For about $50 more you can buy another product which will allow you to perform some tasks such as battery registration, fuel injector coding, Transmission temps, etc."

Which product?

Autel
Carly
Foxwell

A lot depends on the perceived demand for the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back