Amsoils answer to Shell Rotella T6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note...I looked on the Amsoil website and found this oil which I might try in the future with my Ecoboost.

Take note API SN +.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's almost a 10w-40. Very high HTHS oil (3.5) for you engine. I see no reference to API SN+. Amsoil oils generally do not carry API certification. It's advertised as a Diesel oil. I wouldn't use it in you engine.

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
Would love to see a VOA on this oil, looks like a promising HDEO with good cold weather viscosity.
Agree, but I wouldn't use it in a GDI engine until I know what the calcium levels are, probably too high to prevent LSPI.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
Would love to see a VOA on this oil, looks like a promising HDEO with good cold weather viscosity.
Agree, but I wouldn't use it in a GDI engine until I know what the calcium levels are, probably too high to prevent LSPI.

It's supposed to meet SN+, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Originally Posted by Donald
If Amsoil wants to compete against Rotella T6, let them sell Amsoil at Walmart at a similar price.

That's the only reason I didn't go with Amsoil, too expensive....

Amsoil is a fine product, but they're not as innovative as they think. They often formulate based on a numbers game. They used existing technology then boost it. If I make a cake that has 50% more sugar in it, that doesn't mean it's always going to taste better than a cake with less.

Originally Posted by buster
Amsoil is a fine product, but they're not as innovative as they think. They often formulate based on a numbers game. They used existing technology then boost it. If I make a cake that has 50% more sugar in it, that doesn't mean it's always going to taste better than a cake with less.

No but they do add 50% more preservatives to their cake recipe. Let's face it every oil blender uses existing technology. Seems like as far as the long drain game goes you would have to play a numbers game, which by the way they are the best at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back