Photo : Motor oils available in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCD

Some oddball oils available, for example the Cepsa 20W-40, it's a Dino API SF/CF PCMO, meanwhile the Krafft 20W-40 in the blue bottle is a API CF oil for Diesels, quite rare to see that anywhere anymore.

Not oddball in Europe but members from the U.S and Canada might be intrigued to see 15W-40 PCMOs.

10W-30 As you see does not really exist in Spain or anywhere in Europe really.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_20190830_104813 by Laurie Lindh, en Flickr

Last edited:
I love seeing a sweet wall of oil!
19.gif

I think prices are in Euro and the shop is kinda expensive. Magnatec C3 5W-40, 5 litre, 25 -30E in Germany and Bulgaria, Edge is also almost double...

Originally Posted by geeman789
Not a single 20 grade to be seen ... interesting.

Are those prices Euro's ?

0W-20 and 5W-20 can be found at some auto parts stores but is hard to come by.
Yes they are Euros

Yikes ... that Elf Evolution 5L jug goes for the equivalent of $ 103.00 Cdn, and the Castrol Edge is $ 86.00 Cdn. For comparison sake, I just bought a 5L jug of Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40 for $ 29.00 Cdn last week ... and I thought oil in Canada was expensive compared to the US.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I love seeing a sweet wall of oil!
19.gif

Ikr!..I know it's odd but ditto for me!...‚

Originally Posted by hpb
15w40's are the default PCMO here as well.

Yes, it sure is.

Just to the right of the 15W40 in the photo is some Castrol Magnatec 10W40 another oil very popular in Oz.

Thanks for the photo FCD

It is Europe, oils are expensive as other stuff too.
It is in line with prices in Madrid last year when I was there and was buying some Chorizo, I could not help myself and not go and check oils
smile.gif

Thanks for posting this. I have to say those are some prices. I have just bought Total 5w40 9000 energ, 5 lit jugs for under 25€, Shell Helix 10w40 is under 5 per litre, so is that ELF Evolution. I do like that Total 15w40, that stuff isn't sold over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back