Factory FIll ATF? for Mercedes 2000 E55 AMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no maintenance records for the vehicle so I'm just going to assume this was the factory fill. Changed at around 112K.

E55 Transmission.PNG

You sent your ATF for an oil analysis?! That's only a small part of the story, still a good call to have it changed. Did you do a complete exchange or just a drop & fill?

I dropped the pan, changed the filter, then exchanged about 10 liters using the transmission cooler line. The best I can do in my garage. I'll probably do the procedure again after 10K miles. Transmission works fine before and after the change.

Originally Posted by Fotoflame
I dropped the pan, changed the filter, then exchanged about 10 liters using the transmission cooler line. The best I can do in my garage. I'll probably do the procedure again after 10K miles. Transmission works fine before and after the change.

I think you would be wasting your time/money. You can go 30-40k easily since you changed the filter and cleaned the pan. If you used the 134 fluid, it's semi-syn.

My opinion at least once before the fluid has been changed be it a pan drop or exchange. If it wasn't the PPM of metals from wear would be in the 300's PPM.

As for ATF you can research using ATF+4 for this unit if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back