8 speed transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have one of the new Hyundai santafe with the new 8 speed transmissions
I am thinking of trading mine for a new one because of all the safety fretures..
the six speed in mine worke great but I do not know or hear anything about
the new 8 speed.

Originally Posted by ernied
does anyone have one of the new Hyundai santafe with the new 8 speed transmissions
I am thinking of trading mine for a new one because of all the safety fretures..
the new 8 speed.

Nothing to add, but would like to ask, you have the 2.4? How many miles? How has the vehicle done for you? Likes/dislikes?

2015 37000 miles 2.4 great I never had any problems with it.
lousy gas miligae in the city but on long trips I haven got up
to 29 mpg.only dislike my wife is short and passenger seat does
not raise.new ones do.i also have a sonata with the same 2.4
that gets 30mpg never had any problems with that either.

Since your thinking of trading yours in just for something that offers safety features, hate to say it, Hyundai is far from being number 1 in that regard.
I'd compare the Toyota Rav4 to the Hyundai. Some auto makers have certain safety features more refined than others.

There are things you've never even heard of I bet. A quick video to show you a unique safety feature.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Since your thinking of trading yours in just for something that offers safety features, hate to say it, Hyundai is far from being number 1 in that regard.
I'd compare the Toyota Rav4 to the Hyundai. Some auto makers have certain safety features more refined than others.

There are things you've never even heard of I bet. A quick video to show you a unique safety feature.

They're both rated by IIHS as top safety pick+. Not sure how that makes the Hyundai "far from number 1."

And if you frequent some Ford forums, you'd realize that these Fusions still bend their rims just like any other car.
smile.gif

It blows my mind that locking up the shocks so they don't touch the ground when hitting a pothole can be safe. What happens at 60Mph in the rain? Or rounding a corner? Or if the PCM and BCM have a hiccup.. I guess we going to find out.

Bite the bullet and get a Hilander or RAV. You got lucky with that accursed 2.4 in your 15 model so why push it and chance getting tangled up with the dead engine like so many people I know have. The only thing is when you go to trade that 15 you're going to absolutely cry when you see what they give you on a trade in. In my families experience the best place to do trades With a Hyundai is one of those huge combination dealerships that sells hyundai as well as a couple of other brands. Whatever you decide to trade for you're gonna get a lot more than one of those huge combination dealerships then you will from a regular Hyundai dealer or other single dealership. I'm talking $2500-$3000 difference. That's been our experience on a couple of Hyundai trades..

the new 8 speed.

To answer your question, I have a '19 Santa Fe Ultimate with the 8-speed. Prior to that I had a '14 Santa Fe with the 6-speed. The 8-speed shifts more (because it has to), but it's not obvious unless you're really paying attention. The 6-speed worked well for me and that vehicle is still in the family with no issues. I expect the 8-speed to work as well.

Originally Posted by Driz
Bite the bullet and get a Hilander or RAV. You got lucky with that accursed 2.4 in your 15 model so why push it and chance getting tangled up with the dead engine like so many people I know have. The only thing is when you go to trade that 15 you're going to absolutely cry when you see what they give you on a trade in. In my families experience the best place to do trades With a Hyundai is one of those huge combination dealerships that sells hyundai as well as a couple of other brands. Whatever you decide to trade for you're gonna get a lot more than one of those huge combination dealerships then you will from a regular Hyundai dealer or other single dealership. I'm talking $2500-$3000 difference. That's been our experience on a couple of Hyundai trades..

There is no luck involved with no engine failure. If it fails it is definitely bad luck. Failure is not typical.

Originally Posted by Robster
the new 8 speed.

To answer your question, I have a '19 Santa Fe Ultimate with the 8-speed. Prior to that I had a '14 Santa Fe with the 6-speed. The 8-speed shifts more (because it has to), but it's not obvious unless you're really paying attention. The 6-speed worked well for me and that vehicle is still in the family with no issues. I expect the 8-speed to work as well.

Miles on the 6 speed?

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Robster
the new 8 speed.

Miles on the 6 speed?

Not a whole lot. . . my son has it now and I think it's in the mid-60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back