College costs shocked me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this robbery nonsense again.
Robbery: unlawful taking
Taxes: lawful and for societies benefit.

It is an obligation of living in an orderly society.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ZZman

Yeah I mean you can quibble with the rate of taxation and what the resulting funds are used for but to question the validity of it is bonkers. I guess everybody should just sorta pay for stuff here and there based on what they feel like contributing? If only there were a means for the people to make collective decisions and develop policies everyone has to go along with...

I apologize if this has been said already but I haven't kept up with this thread. I think today if I was a kid I would strongly consider one of the professional skilled trades before i would consider college. Electrician, for instance. I personally would not choose plumber because I wouldn't want to deal with the sewage end of it but maybe industrial steam systems or something. HVAC tech but not sure if it pays well these days, may be saturated i.e. not in demand and lower wages.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
I apologize if this has been said already but I haven't kept up with this thread. I think today if I was a kid I would strongly consider one of the professional skilled trades before i would consider college. Electrician, for instance. I personally would not choose plumber because I wouldn't want to deal with the sewage end of it but maybe industrial steam systems or something. HVAC tech but not sure if it pays well these days, may be saturated i.e. not in demand and lower wages.

A strong argument in support of community college. Exactly what CA is doing.

Last edited:

That's the premise, yes, but not how it actually goes down. See, if you hold me at gunpoint for money to pay for your kid to go to college...robbery. but if you vote for someone who will have a cop do it for you, for the same thing...taxes. just semantics.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
-Benjamin Franklin

...and here we are, trying to vote free money. History is explicit about what happens next.

Last edited:

The only truly fair tax, is a flat tax.

Those that want to pick the pockets of others, through higher tax rates than they themselves are willing to pay, never support a flat tax.

Funny how that works...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE

The only truly fair tax, is a flat tax.

Those that want to pick the pockets of others, through higher tax rates than they themselves are willing to pay, never support a flat tax.

Funny how that works...

I'd be down with a flat tax. No exemptions. No loopholes. Pay your percent on a dollar or a billion dollars. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back