Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Lucas product is amazing at how it corrects power steering noise and issues even on an older 1970 car. Recommended by an old school mechanic Little hesitant at first but it really works at improving steering feel on an older vehicle even if you don't have a leak. Not to be confused with the regular Lucas power steering fluid.

Originally Posted by 007
This Lucas product is amazing at how it corrects power steering noise and issues even on an older 1970 car. Recommended by an old school mechanic Little hesitant at first but it really works at improving steering feel on an older vehicle even if you don't have a leak. Not to be confused with the regular Lucas power steering fluid.

This is one, if not the ONLY snake oil product that I've had any luck with. It actually does cure stiff spots in racks, fixes leaks, does exactly what it says. It completely cured leaks in several vehicles I've owned over the years. I ran it for about 60-70k in my 4Runner that the PS pump was weeping and dripping oil on the alternator and alt belt. Completely stopped the leak all together. About 10k ago I finally pulled the pump and resealed it, now it just has normal PS fluid in it.

My dad has a 99 Jeep Cherokee that had a slow psf leak. He used the whole bottle of Lucas and hasn't had to add fluid since. It's been 3 years and no leaks.

The Lucas Stop Leak product absolutely works. I used it on my 2004 Tundra yesterday when the power steering fluid in the reservoir was basically empty and the P/S pump was pulling in air and was shrieking, and had no power steering. The pump was possibly cavitating. It was sudden onset too, first start of the morning, but may have been a slow leak. Bought a quart of it at O'Reillys for $24. Filled it up, put in neutral and idled then went for a drive around the block, topped it off again. Almost immediately the steering pump was quiet again and easy to steer again. Drove it to work, reservoir dropped a little, maybe 1/8" and topped it off again to the Max line. Will be keeping an eye on it. I will check the belts when I get a chance so see if it was leaking at the pump and fouling the beltw, the high pressure lines or the rack. There was no fluid on the driveway. Seems like time to replace the belt anyway it squeaks on cold days sometimes.

Have 157K miles on the truck.

My only complaint is the bottle is opaque and no measurement window of the bottle to kknowhow much you have used or is left in the 1 quart bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back