M1 0w40 or EDGE 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Castrol Edge Euro over Mobil Euro, however, both are good oils, but some applications may prefer one over the other. Mobil in my AMG did not hold up to the fuel dilution as well as Castrol, but as always YMMV.

Both are great oils, quantitative information indicates both would do the job. Qualitatively speaking, would you FEEL the difference, no I doubt it. Now it comes down to which brand you want to spend your money on? Who sponsors the cooler race cars? Race car drivers? Which brand puts effort into giving back to the community? Which brand is man enough to stand up to and admit to it's mistakes? Historically which company has the dirtier hands?

All I can say is that my MB loves m1 0w40 compared to the dealers 5w40.
Haven't tried Castrol yet

Originally Posted by Onetor
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Run the Edge first,then do a uoa. Run the M1 second and do a uoa.

Then post the comparos :^D

I concur about Edge first. Perhaps; you can run both and give us an anecdotal update with your favorite and/or thoughts. Good luck sir!

You are the Master of Oil Filter Photography. MOFP!

I try sir
smile.gif

I'm gonna give the EDGE 0w40 a shot for 4K and UOA
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Man, that M1 0w40 one us so blurry even if I was 20 i couldn't make out the additives
frown.gif

Not just you, even with my bifocals I can't make it out....‚

I tried googling a UOA for 0w40 and the most recent I can find is like 5yrs old...not sure if that would still even be the same formula in use today. I guess just pick one and run it?...are you planning on doing UOA's?

If you click on the picture it opens up a higher resolution version of it.

Both seem solid, but I'll be trying the Edge in my vehicles.

I'm trying to decide which 0w-40 to run in the DI mazda this winter. Mobil has a few, Thinking about the mobil 1 FS. The mobil 1 esp is dexos 2. Or of course the Castrol Edge.

Which would be better in a DI engine with winter fuel dilution?

53' Stude
Your a smart guy
You know tons about oil it's your job
But I'd run the Castrol over M1
ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Either for the Camry, it won't know the difference. Splitting hairs, but I believe Castrol 0w40 is the superior oil. You probably wouldn't know the difference in that application though.

OP, most motor oils with major brand names are very similar in their specs and performance. And since they are both offered for free, it won't matter at all which flavor you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back