Will 2015 5.0 Coyote Notice the Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm original owner of the F150 in my signature. I keep em til they aren't worth keeping anymore. I dropped the FF at 1500 miles IIRC. I've run M1 0-20 and 5-20 for the 38k it has on the odometer. I usually do 5 to 6k OCI. I'm at 6k now and headed to Myrtle Beach which is 1500 mile round trip for me. I'm going to do UOA after this run....probably 7800miles.

That said, typical BIGTOG fashion I'm seriously considering M1 5-30 just like my Outbadk 3.6 gets. What does the gallery have to say?

Won't notice a thing. My Mustang with a 5.0 Coyote calls for 5W50 because it is a Track Pack. There are no internal differences in the engine, just expected usage and computer programming.

Originally Posted by hemitom
next change i am going with 5w30 in my 2015 GT as well. Valvoline full syn.

That's what I'm running, and the Coyote sounds very quiet and smooth with Valvoline Advanced.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by hemitom
next change i am going with 5w30 in my 2015 GT as well. Valvoline full syn.

That's what I'm running, and the Coyote sounds very quiet and smooth with Valvoline Advanced.
thumbsup2.gif

I told you that was Gud Earl!
My Nissan myght be alive now if they made this stuff 3 years ago!

Totally fine. Check out my UOA at ~9100 miles with 5w-30, on a 2013 Coyote....no loss of power/mpg and I actually ran some 0w-40 before I had to trade it; sadly no UOA there.

It won't care a bit. I run anything from 5w-20 to 5w-50 in mine.

Current fill is 5 quarts 10w-30 and 3 quarts 5w-40.

Fuel monitor was averaging 21-24 mpg on my trip this weekend.

Awesome sauce. Mine isn't loud on M1 so I'll stick w it. Looking to move to 7500 OCI ...as I really run 8k a year on this. It's our travel truck not a DD.

M1 5w30 seemed to be recommended the most in a thread I started a couple months ago: Link

I wonder what the opinion is of Shell Rotella Gas/Truck 5w30 in this engine? Its an 11.7 cst compared to M1 11.0, SN+, and has the Ford -B1 spec, too.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Awesome sauce. Mine isn't loud on M1 so I'll stick w it. Looking to move to 7500 OCI ...as I really run 8k a year on this. It's our travel truck not a DD.

That is a conservative interval...but a one year OCI would probably work well.

I've been running Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 in my 17 Mustang Coyote for a few thousand miles now. I tend to push mine sometimes and I see the oil temp climb so that was my motivation. Zero issues running it.

I have M1 5W-30 in my 650 bhp Supercharged Gen I Coyote for one reason. I can share jugs with my 2018 3.5EB...

At normal.oil.temps in a Gen II Coyote I don't think it really matters. Use which ever makes you feel better.

The DEED was done yesterday. Came back from Myrtle and changed the 0-20 at 7600 miles and M1 5-30 went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back