Pennzoil Plat 5W-20, 2018 Kia Niro 6,719 OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my UOA on the 2018 Kia Niro. The total mileage of the car was wrong, it was actually at 13,813 at the oil change. I put PP 5W-30 back in.

I have an open case with Kia because of the fuel dilution @ 3.3% from the first change, this time it went down to 2%. What do you guys think? Something that needs to be addressed still or should I hold off as it's improving?

Blackstone Niro.JPG

Based on the viscosity only you've got over 5% of fuel and it certainly not improving. Smart move on 5w30

The break in wear is starting to settle down. Being said there is so much going on I am not part of the sky is falling crowd regarding fuel dulution. I would just continue to use factory recommended OCI's with the recommended grade and resample at 30K miles.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Kia is unlikely to do anything about it no matter what the reports say.

*That is too long of an OCI on a Kia / Hyundai GDI engine ! ... If you are going to run what the oil cap states (5W20) then back off down to a 4,000 OCI max and see how your UOA looks .
If you bump up to 5W30 then a 5K mile OCI is all I would run on the oil before changing it ... If you think you can safely run a 5W20 or a 5W30 in a Hyundai / Kia GDI engine out to 7K + mile OCI's - then you have another think coming as it's not likely going to happen due to fuel dilution , soot , etc.

What a silly comment. There's no way to determine X car can only go X miles. Too many factors at play.

The recommended OCI is 7,500. I have been running a little less due to the fact that I hit the timing before I hit the mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back