2002 Nissan Pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new here and bought a 2002 pathfinder only 119,000 milez . I had it for a year and did not drive it til i got insured an registered last week. I just want to k ow for sure what oil to use an filter.Car is like new and just want to take car of it . Only one thing really wro g with it ...

Ray

The recommended oil in that application would be a 5 or 10w 30. Personally i would go with a full synthetic 5w30. Many people on here recommend the high end frams like the ultra guard as the filter of choice. Personally i am not that picky about them as with full synthetic i still change oil every 5k, but you have to mention it to appease the fram police. In any case a full synthetic 5w30, frequent changes and a quality oil filter can do a lot of good in keeping that engine in good shape. If you want to get more specific about which brand of oil to use that'd be over my head and there are people here much better educated than me on that subject.

Ray029: Use regular 5w-30. That year Pathfinder is an oil burner. Do a quick Google search on "2002 Nissan Pathfinder burning oil". I had the same engine in my 2004 Nissan Quest and had the same issue. I used 5w-30 and 3,750 miles OCI. DO NOT DO AN EXTENDED OCI WITH THIS VEHICLE. I would buy a 5 gallon jug of the cheapest 5w-30 oil and keep in the back for when you need to add oil (Supertech). They suggest using Nissan filters. Buy on Amazon for the cheapest price.

My 2004 Quest lasted 150k+ miles before we traded it in. You have to keep on top of the oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back