COSMOTOLOGY SOFTWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago I had a software program that allowed me to explore planets, individual stars, comments and other. I could zoom in on any of these deep space objects. I felt like I had a planetarium in my computer. I forgot the name of the program and it became obsolete with later computers. Is there such a program for Windows 10 available? Ed

[Linked Image from pics.awwmemes.com]

Originally Posted by Eddie
Years ago I had a software program that allowed me to explore planets, individual stars, comments and other. I could zoom in on any of these deep space objects. I felt like I had a planetarium in my computer. I forgot the name of the program and it became obsolete with later computers. Is there such a program for Windows 10 available? Ed

you mean Cosmology.

Cosmetology is hair/makeup/nails/etc. basically Beauty shop stuff.

Last edited:

I would go to NASA and since NASA now has pictures of planets, stars, and Galaxy's but

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/05/10-great-apps-for-exploring-space.html

has some apps.

Before GOOGLE SKY, I think. Maybe I'll think of it sooner or later. Ed

Right. You had a different program years ago.
But you can use Google Sky right now.
For free.
To do the thing you want.
For free.
Right now.
Instead of the old program that you can't remember.
And it wouldn't work on Windows 10 if you could remember.
So give Google Sky a try instead.
Just click the link and try it out.

Google Sky.

Good luck!

There is an app for the ipad called "night sky". Has all the planets with info, orbiting satellites, meteors, etc. It allows you to point the camera in any direction and superimposes the information of the planets on the screen with the actual planets you are pointing at. Even shows under-horizon planets in the southern hemisphere (or northern if you are down under). The ISS is shown in its orbit, etc.

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/night-sky/id475772902

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tcp71
There is an app for the ipad called "night sky". Has all the planets with info, orbiting satellites, meteors, etc. It allows you to point the camera in any direction and superimposes the information of the planets on the screen with the actual planets you are pointing at. Even shows under-horizon planets in the southern hemisphere (or northern if you are down under). The ISS is shown in its orbit, etc.

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/night-sky/id475772902

I had that (or one similar) on an older iPad, was a neat app to bring out to the dark skys and find stuff. Need to add it back on my current iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back