Fram FP (white body) = Extraguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I bought a couple FP9688 filters after reading a Fram rep on here say they were Toughguards internally. Unfortunately, I am reading the box and it says 94% efficiency and 5,000 mile intervals.

So Fram FP seems to be the lowest quality Fram filters and not TGs?

The white can is a jobber equivalent of the orange Extraguard. The gold FPS (Fram Pro Synthetic) is the jobber twin of the Ultra. The FPS was more available a few years ago than it seems to be now.

Have you bought them on eBay for $23? I was watching a lot of FP9688 for a while, these are older PH9688 equivalents. TG equivalent will be orange Fram Pro Plus, this coloring is super confusing

13E4641F-F928-4D75-9F5C-C47C6192CAB5.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I bought them off ebay thinking the white one was equivalent to the Tough Guard. Now I know why they were so inexpensive.

Originally Posted by Whammo
Yes, I bought them off ebay thinking the white one was equivalent to the Tough Guard. Now I know why they were so inexpensive.

Lol he wanted $32 at first, I told him $5.78 is everyday pricing at WM so he's dropped the price since. Anyways, use it for 5k miles, still a decent filter

Originally Posted by SlavaB

Lol he wanted $32 at first, I told him $5.78 is everyday pricing at WM so he's dropped the price since. Anyways, use it for 5k miles, still a decent filter

Still OK on Kia GDI engines for 3-4k?

Originally Posted by SlavaB

Still OK on Kia GDI engines for 3-4k?

Sure thing! 9688 series is Kia/Hyundai specific, lots of members run it with no issues

Hi, I bought a couple FP9688 filters after reading a Fram rep on here say they were Toughguards internally. Unfortunately, I am reading the box and it says 94% efficiency and 5,000 mile intervals.

I would go out on a limb and say these probably filter better than the Hyundai/Kia filters you have been using.

Originally Posted by Linctex

I would go out on a limb and say these probably filter better than the Hyundai/Kia filters you have been using.

I agree. The only thing I don't like about it is a rubber ADBV since it's an older generation, but I've seen numerous filters cut open here on Burov that were just fine after 4-5k run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back