2019 Kia Forte - Decent mpg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I'm impressed. First tank of fuel and I got 41.2 mpg hand calculated. I must say I'm impressed since I have been going out of my way to get a good break in on this engine. Variable speeds and throttle, no cruise and some decent accelerations in sport mode from time to time. If I had to guess it was 70/30 hwy/city on this tank.

Overall very happy with this car. I actually went to buy a Corolla and came home with this.

Originally Posted by sw99
Wow I'm impressed. First tank of fuel and I got 41.2 mpg hand calculated. I must say I'm impressed since I have been going out of my way to get a good break in on this engine. Variable speeds and throttle, no cruise and some decent accelerations in sport mode from time to time. If I had to guess it was 70/30 hwy/city on this tank.

Overall very happy with this car. I actually went to buy a Corolla and came home with this.

Which engine? 2.0 or 2.4?

Looks like a good start, but one calculation will not be your ave MPG- even for that tank. you'll need at least 5 to 7 contiguous calculations to assume some relevance here.

I liked the Forte the best of any compact I've driven., though I had a previous gen rental.

BTW my Largish VW Jetta is averaging about 42 MPG.

Turbo and stick with the power of a small 6 cylinder from 2000-4500 rpm.

Amazing. I still cant recommend it as a buy.

Still the Subaru Impreza 5 door for all round utility and toughness

The Kia Forte for a very rewarding and pleasant Compact car experience.

Corolla and Civic are no where on this list.

I have been pleasantly shocked at the mileage I get from my 2013 2.4 GDI Kia Optima

I don't "hypermile" to the extreme like some guys do, but this is the best I got
over 350 miles of pretty flat Nebraska terrain with a stiff south wind, and never going over 50-55 mph.
... and almost never using the brakes unless necessary.

640:1 ratio TC-WIII 2-stroke oil in the gas, too.

"average" over the highway is always over 30 MPG, no matter what as long as I stay under 70 MPH.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Hoot_r
Originally Posted by sw99

Which engine? 2.0 or 2.4?

2.0L

Originally Posted by wemay
That's great! is it the new CVT or still the 6spd auto?

Yes it's the CVT or ivt I guess they call it. Sport mode give very distinctive shift points and feels just like a regular auto shifting.

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
Looks like they put a lot of thought and time in developing their CVT:

2019 Kia Forte Continuously Variable Transmission

I love the 2.0 Atkinson in my 2017 Elantra. Enough power for my needs. Good fuel economy. Easy to service.

This is the same setup in my 2020 Kia Soul (2.0 Atkinson + CVT). Coupled with the 2020's expanded body/wheelbase, this is probably the best incarnation of the Soul so far. The updated drivetrain allows me to average around 40mpg on my commute.

Second tank of fuel that was hand calculated again @ 41.5 mpg. This was 60/40 hwy/city on this tank. Some decent accelerations for passing and just having fun. Still overall very impressed with these numbers.

I just got a 2019 Forte LXS and am blown away by the mpg. Only have about 300 miles on it now but am seeing very high 30s as an average every day with 50/50 hwy and city miles.

My 2017 Jetta 1.4t auto (RIP) would be at low to mid 30s in same scenario.

Ok just filled up for a third time. 41.9 on this tank with probably 70 hwy and 30 city. My 2018 Versa 1.6L under the same driving conditions would get me about 37-38. Very happy with this Kia so far. I love being able to get over 500 miles on a tank of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back