Motul 913D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Long time no posting. I have been reading the forum for quite a while. I have a clue about oils but that´s it.

Rig is a LR Defender with a Ford 2.4TDCi calling for a specific WSS-M2C913D (or A-B-C) thin oil for long intervals. I have a jug of 5 liters Motul 913C and I cannot get more of it to complete the 7 liters required.

What kind of oil can mix with if at all?

Thanks

Last edited:
https://www.oilspecifications.org/ford.php

Its 2007-2011 engine...so its EURO4 norm......does it have DPF catalyst in version for Chile?

IF NO....use any Acea A3/B4...MB 229.5 oil

IF YES.....use mid/low saps oils.....depending on what you can get there.....ACEA C3/C4....vw 504/507

These are the best norms you can choose

Ford 913C is closest to ACEA A5B5 specs, not A3B4 (ford 913 is full saps specs, API SL). Use any A5B5, motul EcoNERGY (or Specific 913) is mixable with group 3 oils, but closest spec is ACEA A5B5 (and API SL). (I am using MOTUL EcoNergy 5w30 with Ford 913D specs) Why not buy another Motul Eco Nergy 5w30 jug?

Last edited:
Ford 913-D is based on ACEA A5/B5 then Ford add a few other requirements
- It needs to be a 5W30 oil
- at the thin end of the viscosity grade for better fuel economy
- have an increased TBN (from min 8 to min 10) for a longer oil change interval
- it needs to have extra ZDDP (about 1000 ppm zinc) for extra wear protection
- pass some extra seal compatibility tests

The extra ZDDP (for cam chain wear I believe) means the oil is API SL rather than SN.

If you can't get a 913-D oil you have two options, first just get a good quality 5W30 A5/B5 oil, or second get a good quality 0W40 (or 0W30 or 5W40) that is A3/B4 and some OEM like MB 229.5, BMW LL-01 or Porsche A40 as these also most likely have a TBN of 10 and 1000 ppm zinc.

Two options are follow the viscosity (5W30 A5/B5) or follow the add pack (0W40 A3/B4). Can't do both without the rare 913-D oil. I would go the 0W40 with OEMs myself.

Cheers guys. I will follow recomendations. Since a while it is almost impossibe to get motul oils. Otherwise I would go for the Eco-energy stuff.

It does have a catalyst but no dpf on such an old model, just Euro 4.

Just dont bother with A5/B5....
Defender is intended for "offroad" use...do you need fuel economy there?

A3/B4 + MB 229.5 is all you need then... xW40 has prety enough ZDDP...

I fact I do have a couple of 1 qt M1 0W-40 around.

I was tempted to ask the question. Would it be wise just to use M1 0W40 ? I am not sure this ford duratorq TDCi engines are designed in a way it is not recommended to use something heavier than 2.9 cst or is it a "green" matter of fuel economy (or both)
confused2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back