Coiled air hose for compressor - Any decent brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried searching for 'coiled air hose' on Amazon and the results are just full of Chinese junk brands (which is a problem you'll have if you search for basically anything on there nowadays). Impossible to pick anything based on reviews because there's so many fake reviews on the site.

I need around 20ft length and something that won't leak or fail in a year.

I had zero luck with coiled air compressor hose.
I now use 25' Harbor Freight Diablo (not coiled) hose.
About $15 I believe.

Good luck; I will watch this thread...

Milton part# 1674, They do pretty good & average a 2 year life span in a busy transmission shop. These are intended for bench work only....They are not designed to be pulled on, kinked or stretched at all.

For regular air hoses.....Have your local hydraulic hose supplier make you one, There are several in OKC! In fact my favorite.....Midwest Hose is headquartered in OKC.

Looks like Milton wins. Thanks Kenshin and Clinebarger.

(Clinebarger - I'll see what Midwest Hose has as well - I've driven by their location numerous times and didn't even realize)

It looks like their retail location is a little outside OKC proper, But.....Yeah, They are a pleasure to deal with! They will custom make you a top quality reinforced/rubber air hose on the spot for cheap.

I recently had them make me a Jumper hose for between my compressor & air system.....8foot 3/4" 1525 psi working pressure with adaptor fittings for @$55 out the door. I also bought a 50foot 3/8" 300 psi working pressure standard air hose a few months back for @$45.....Use it everyday on the job & it's been fantastic compared to the chinese junk that the shop equips us with!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I had zero luck with coiled air compressor hose. I now use 25' Harbor Freight Diablo (not coiled) hose.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same deal. I've never had any luck with them. All of them kink, and are a PITA to go around anything. Just buy a good grade of compressor hose, and more of it than you'll actually need.

Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I had zero luck with coiled air compressor hose. I now use 25' Harbor Freight Diablo (not coiled) hose.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same deal. I've never had any luck with them. All of them kink, and are a PITA to go around anything. Just buy a good grade of compressor hose, and more of it than you'll actually need.

I actually have a Goodyear one that I normally use in the garage. It's a straight rubber one that I managed to get at HF back when they sold them.

The coiled one is for when I have to use air nailers on remote jobs.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
I tried searching for 'coiled air hose' on Amazon and the results are just full of Chinese junk brands (which is a problem you'll have if you search for basically anything on there nowadays). Impossible to pick anything based on reviews because there's so many fake reviews on the site.

I need around 20ft length and something that won't leak or fail in a year.

I would go for the hose on a recoil wheel. Rather than coiled.

Originally Posted by Donald
I would go for the hose on a recoil wheel. Rather than coiled.

This is a good idea as well. Just buy a good one. The recoil springs go out on the cheap one's. Those hoses are heavier than they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back