I want a Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by oldhp

My 16' R/T 6 speed could break the tires loose in 2nd gear @ 15MPH just by flooring it. I loved getting on the interstate, not flooring it, shifting it by ear and was doing 95MPH when merging.
5th gear + 4500'ish RPM = 130 MPH........which was just letting the engine breath shifting at 5000 RPM. V6 fast??? You must have been running 87 reg.....................

I ordered a 19' Shaker R/T 5.7 6 speed. Trust me, you can get yourself in trouble real easy with a little ol' 5.7.

A crap suspension and skinny tires does not mean the thing is fast, lol!

Dude...I'd never own a Chrysler again, I'm just looking at magazine numbers 0-60 takes a whopping 5+ seconds and 1/4 mile is high 13s@103. My 370z would tear that up like a soggy dinner roll, and a v6 mustang would be a drivers race.

Get the 6.4.

You drive a bland appliance with all the appeal of cold oatmeal, signifying that you have given up...therefore, nothing you say matters.

And yet, I've owned way cooler stuff than you ever will...maybe I know what I'm talking about?

Naah.

I drive 100 miles a day, and live nearly off grid. If you can think of a better tool than a turbocharged japanese suv for reliably conveying me, I'm all ears!

Toyota Yaris with an automatic transmission, in brown. If you're going to give up and get an appliance, do it right.

Enjoy sweating it over v6 rustangs at stoplights in that Chrysler of yours if you opt for the poor person engine.

Are you attempting to stumble upon a POINT?

And a crown vic? Really? Your daily appliance makes my daily appliance seem pretty cool.

Cheap, tough, RWD, and I fit in it.

Ps...I looked at the numbers...that 5.7 charger is only 3.7 seconds faster to 100mph than my cx5.

"Only." Yeah, sure.

My z06 was literally almost twice as fast to 100.

Gee...more power, less weight...and, you know, a 2-seat roadster instead of a full-sized coupe! YA THINK!

Interesting datapoints.

Not really.

No way would I put up with a v8 Chrysler for a measly less than 4 seconds faster to 100, no awd, less ground clearance, etc. Get the 6.4! It's a pretty neat muscle car with the 6.4. The 5.7 is blah. But still sucks fuel.

Don't need or want AWD, don't need or want the higher COG of an SUV.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
oldhp said:
My 16' R/T 6 speed could break the tires loose in 2nd gear @ 15MPH just by flooring it. I loved getting on the interstate, not flooring it, shifting it by ear and was doing 95MPH when merging.
5th gear + 4500'ish RPM = 130 MPH........which was just letting the engine breath shifting at 5000 RPM. V6 fast??? You must have been running 87 reg.....................

I ordered a 19' Shaker R/T 5.7 6 speed. Trust me, you can get yourself in trouble real easy with a little ol' 5.7.

A crap suspension and skinny tires does not mean the thing is fast, lol!

Dude...I'd never own a Chrysler again, I'm just looking at magazine numbers 0-60 takes a whopping 5+ seconds and 1/4 mile is high 13s@103. My 370z would tear that up like a soggy dinner roll, and a v6 mustang would be a drivers race.

Get the 6.4.

You drive a bland appliance with all the appeal of cold oatmeal, signifying that you have given up...therefore, nothing you say matters.

And yet, I've owned way cooler stuff than you ever will...maybe I know what I'm talking about?

Naah.

I drive 100 miles a day, and live nearly off grid. If you can think of a better tool than a turbocharged japanese suv for reliably conveying me, I'm all ears!

Toyota Yaris with an automatic transmission, in brown. If you're going to give up and get an appliance, do it right.

Enjoy sweating it over v6 rustangs at stoplights in that Chrysler of yours if you opt for the poor person engine.

Are you attempting to stumble upon a POINT?

And a crown vic? Really? Your daily appliance makes my daily appliance seem pretty cool.

Cheap, tough, RWD, and I fit in it.

Ps...I looked at the numbers...that 5.7 charger is only 3.7 seconds faster to 100mph than my cx5.

"Only." Yeah, sure.

My z06 was literally almost twice as fast to 100.

Gee...more power, less weight...and, you know, a 2-seat roadster instead of a full-sized coupe! YA THINK!

Interesting datapoints.

Not really.

No way would I put up with a v8 Chrysler for a measly less than 4 seconds faster to 100, no awd, less ground clearance, etc. Get the 6.4! It's a pretty neat muscle car with the 6.4. The 5.7 is blah. But still sucks fuel.

Don't need or want AWD, don't need or want the higher COG of an SUV.
That's fine, but at least get a car that's quicker than its v6 contemporaries if you're getting a v8.

I rarely agree with Ws6, but the 392 or above is the only way to go. Love my Challenger, it brings a huge smile to my face every time I'm behind the wheel. It's comfortable, fast and a blast to drive.

When do I see your check?

Never settle. Save up. You'll always regret it when that v6 mustang pulls away from you if you dont. If that doesnt matter, then get the v6. Pentastar is a good engine and saves even more money.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Dude...I'd never own a Chrysler again, I'm just looking at magazine numbers 0-60 takes a whopping 5+ seconds and 1/4 mile is high 13s@103. My old 2012 370z would tear that up like a soggy dinner roll (it also didnt have traction issues), and a v6 mustang would be a drivers race.

Get the 6.4. Otherwise get the v6. The 5.7 is just...why? Extra fuel and insurance for minimal return.

Also, as to spinning tires...my ws.6 would get sideways in 3rd gear roll on, and my cx5 can power slide awd drift...in san antonio. Those streets are like a greased frying pan for some reason. Surface matters. Totally wierd, San Antonio roads.

I have the opposite view of anything Chrysler, but I agree 110% with this. The v6 is also more than capable of getting you into trouble. The 5.7 was fun, but then I drove a 6.4 and it is absolutely no contest between them.

You wont be disappointed with the 5.7, as typical on Bitog people come on and $hit on anything mopar!

It is your cash buy what you like.

Originally Posted by VNTS
You wont be disappointed with the 5.7, as typical on Bitog people come on and $hit on anything mopar!

It is your cash buy what you like.

The 6.4L gets similar mileage and is pretty solid performer. The 5.7 will have OP worried about base mustangs. I dont see the point of the 5.7. Just get the v6, or step up to the performance model. The in between has the negatives of both, with the positives of neither.

Also yes, mopar is low quality, but OP is set on it, so why not focus on the subject at hand: "getting a challenger".

I agree on the 6.4 but if there is a 5.7 that hit's all your marks then get it. Unless you are going to do the pretend race car thing at every light like some people.

The 5.7 would surely give that V8 feel and sound, and still has the nice Tremec transmission. But the older 6.1 or newer 6.4 would be a great choice. Not that every day is a drag race, but a tuned ecoboost mustang would probably outrun a 5.7. I think the scat pack... and the model with the shaker hood looks amazing.

Originally Posted by HemiHawk
The 5.7 would surely give that V8 feel and sound, and still has the nice Tremec transmission. But the older 6.1 or newer 6.4 would be a great choice. Not that every day is a drag race, but a tuned ecoboost mustang would probably outrun a 5.7. I think the scat pack... and the model with the shaker hood looks amazing.

lol, a half decade old V6 mustang would handle up on it.

5.7 Challengers make no sense. Just get the V6 if all you care about is the look

I agree...6.4 SRT+ is the way to go. Coming up on 11,000 miles on the Hellcat...they are big heavy cars for sure. Plenty of room for kids, etc.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Ws6
5.7 Challengers make no sense. Just get the V6 if all you care about is the look

Says the man driving a 4 cylinder SUV. HAHA

Yeah, and it will hang right there with a V6 challenger in a contest of speed, lol!

That said, a Charger/Challenger/Car of any flavor (minus some wagons) is worthless in my world, unless you want to beat it to death inside 10K miles. Won't hold up to my commute like an SUV will.

Another point is that the 4 cylinder SUV I have fulfills its mission perfectly. Economical, comfortable and quiet, with good handling and power for its class (near identical in performance in all regards to the AWD V6 Charger, pulling the same skidpad numbers, and a faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile time, actually, all while knocking back over 30mpg on my daily commute if I take it easy, and 27-28mpg if I have a bit of fun, as it were.)

OP is looking for a muscle car, or so it seems, and the 5.7 Challenger just fails massively to deliver, compared to its more competently powered brethren.

Originally Posted by Ws6
When do I see your check?

Never settle. Save up. You'll always regret it when that v6 mustang pulls away from you if you dont. If that doesnt matter, then get the v6. Pentastar is a good engine and saves even more money.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

And I wasn't addressing you. Butt out.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Yeah, and it will hang right there with a V6 challenger in a contest of speed, lol!

While using MORE gas, with half the engine. AWESOME!

That said, a Charger/Challenger/Car of any flavor (minus some wagons) is worthless in my world, unless you want to beat it to death inside 10K miles. Won't hold up to my commute like an SUV will.

Yeah, sure. You drive to work on a dirt road?

Another point is that the 4 cylinder SUV I have fulfills its mission perfectly. Economical, comfortable and quiet, with good handling and power for its class (near identical in performance in all regards to the AWD V6 Charger, pulling the same skidpad numbers, and a faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile time, actually, all while knocking back over 30mpg on my daily commute if I take it easy, and 27-28mpg if I have a bit of fun, as it were.)

So, it only uses a bit more gas than my stepfather's 4300lb AWD 300? Wow. That's...kind of sad.

OP is looking for a muscle car, or so it seems, and the 5.7 Challenger just fails massively to deliver, compared to its more competently powered brethren.

One more time: you have given up, therefore nothing you say matters. So please stop trolling my thread!

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

While using MORE gas, with half the engine. AWESOME!

Yeah, sure. You drive to work on a dirt road?

So, it only uses a bit more gas than my stepfather's 4300lb AWD 300? Wow. That's...kind of sad.

One more time: you have given up, therefore nothing you say matters. So please stop trolling my thread!

Yes, I do drive to work on a dirt road (well, home, and its dirt and gravel, and very steep, but yeah). Your fathers ghetto Bently would get all torn up on it as well. Aero sadly is a thing, and ground clearance matters, which increases aero.

Look, if you cant afford the fast Challenger, and dont want a v6, get the v8. It's nothing to me. I was just offering you advice on how not to regret it. But please, go ahead and ignore my advice and the advice of literally every person who owns these cars, in your thread. We all must just be trolling you, obviously.

They definitely are an acquired taste, not my cup of tea but at the same time look pretty cool especially in black with black wheels.

With respect to they are not fast. I rarely see older men who typically drive them actually go fast. I think they enjoy them as daily drivers is and don't care about stupid specs and made up in head races against Mustangs and even worst girly SUVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back