Toyota oil cap funnel

Sick and tired of spilling oil and arguing with the wife to hold the funnel. Expensive- yes, but a single person operation. Locks into the Toyota oil filler port.

Funnel

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
Sick and tired of spilling oil and arguing with the wife to hold the funnel. Expensive- yes, but a single person operation. Locks into the Toyota oil filler port.

Funnel

Bought one for my two L83's and posted it here to meet the standard judgement one expects - but I really like it and no longer spilling oil on the exhaust manifold
It was going to be that or a full time extension with two leak paths - the cap is just hard to reach with the engine set back/deep on these tall vehicles.

Funnel

Your wife is willing to hold a funnel??? Mine prefers to watch me struggle with it, and then spend 15 min cleaning up the mess!

That was my motivation to making my homemade version of the same filler for the 3 Toyota's in my fleet........ A universal Toyota oil cap, drilled out and a hot glued funnel attached to said filler......... does exactly what this tool does, only cheaper and more efficiently..........‚

What was the cost of that new fangled filler????

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
That was my motivation to making my homemade version of the same filler for the 3 Toyota's in my fleet........ A universal Toyota oil cap, drilled out and a hot glued funnel attached to said filler......... does exactly what this tool does, only cheaper and more efficiently..........‚

If you follow the link, you'll see it's US$14.95. Sometimes less on Amazon.

There was a Toyota MotivX filter thread on this board just a week ago. I got one months ago, didn't think it was worth making a thread about it, but I do like it.

So half price.....Cost me Less than $8.......and I know it's done right!🤣. In fact, I just used it on the 99.....good to see I'm using it and it's saving me $$$$ in the process!

Originally Posted by incognito_2u

$15 includes shipping no tax.

Originally Posted by RyanY

Funnel

Your wife is willing to hold a funnel??? Mine prefers to watch me struggle with it, and then spend 15 min cleaning up the mess!

Yes, when the sun, moon and the stars are in perfect alignment. And on weekends, oil changes need to start after she wakes up after 10AM and after her breakfast. Lol

My wife doesn't hold funnels, she thinks little magic wizards change the oil for her at night...it's the same wizards that wash and wax her car.

Originally Posted by Railrust
My wife doesn't hold funnels, she thinks little magic wizards change the oil for her at night...

Same here, and if the maintenance light didn't magically go off, after a few months she might eventually take it to the cheapest quickie lube.

That's a good idea. Especially when it eliminates bending over while trying to pour from a 5 quart jug while holding the funnel. If it saves just one mess, it is worth every dime.

My wife doesn't hold funnels, she thinks little magic wizards change the oil for her at night...it's the same wizards that wash and wax her car.

When I told her I was spending $15 for an oil change tool she went into her typical diatribe about buying stuff you don't need or hardly use argument. The tide turned when I said it eliminated her participation and now the funnel purchase became an excellent idea. Gotta love her!

Last month's OC total cost was phenomenally cheap:
PUP 1qt 0w20 -$3 + PUP 5qt jug 5w20 -$5 (rebate) + FU XG9972 $10. When I mentioned to her it was $18, the Toyota dealer quoted $70 and the savings, I initially got was ‘crickets' and then a ‘OK'. Gotta love her!

For me, doing an OC has the following order of personal importance: time, satisfaction (it is was done correctly), BITOG OC smack, scoring rebates, managing a rebated stock of oil and overall oil change cost savings. Despite her!

Otherwise, I would get it done at the dealer/indy like the majority of the population.

When I told her I was spending $15 for an oil change tool she went into her typical diatribe about buying stuff you don't need or hardly use argument. The tide turned when I said it eliminated her participation and now the funnel purchase became an excellent idea. Gotta love her!

Last month's OC total cost was phenomenally cheap:
PUP 1qt 0w20 -$3 + PUP 5qt jug 5w20 -$5 (rebate) + FU XG9972 $10. When I mentioned to her it was $18, the Toyota dealer quoted $70 and the savings, I initially got was ‘crickets' and then a ‘OK'. Gotta love her!

For me, doing an OC has the following order of personal importance: time, satisfaction (it is was done correctly), BITOG OC smack, scoring rebates, managing a rebated stock of oil and overall oil change cost savings. Despite her!

Otherwise, I would get it done at the dealer/indy like the majority of the population.

I'm gonna try that approach! My Cad is easy with the Big Mouth Funnel from FloTool so I dont need a special design. However the Odyssey has the 45 deg angle filler behind the radiator and the Honda funnel from OEMTools (see pic) should work well. Looking forward to the "spending money on seldom-used stuff" argument! LOL

Screenshot_20190825-073729_Chrome.jpg

Do what works and get the job done smartly and cleanly. I won't judge.

No money? Got every cable TV package? Just bought a Glammobile with a credit card? I'll judge the carp out of you.

Originally Posted by Kira
I won't judge.
No money? Got every cable TV package?

Just bought a Glammobile with a credit card?

I'm scared to ask just what the heck that even is.......................

Don't think for a minute you will not be mesmerized watching clean oil flow down that clear neck on a mission - Shangri La stuff to a BITOG member
wink.gif

Not as nice, but much cheaper. This sits very stable on my 06 Camry and 12 sienna. At least stable enough that I don't have to hold it while pouring. I got it awhile back on Amazon for $4, but it's double that price now on Amazon. It's showing as $2.99 at O'Reilly's

10709 flotool

Originally Posted by Kira
Do what works and get the job done smartly and cleanly. I won't judge.

No money? Got every cable TV package? Just bought a Glammobile with a credit card? I'll judge the carp out of you.

LOL, oh boy, Kira hit the nail square on the head. I approve.

Originally Posted by tvaughn0712
Not as nice, but much cheaper. This sits very stable on my 06 Camry and 12 sienna. At least stable enough that I don't have to hold it while pouring. I got it awhile back on Amazon for $4, but it's double that price now on Amazon. It's showing as $2.99 at O'Reilly's

10709 flotool

That is exactly what I use. When not in use it sits atop an empty 5 quart oil jug with a plastic bag over the funnel to keep it clean for next time.

Back