2019 Dodge Ram Classic 1500 Big Horn Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the 2019 Classic 1500 Ram and notice a bump or something in break pedal from time to time? Almost like antilock kicking in but not really. Got 1600 miles on it now. I been noticing it since first trip down the driveway for work when I first got it. I've never owned a dodge so idk if its normal or what.

These trucks have fuel tank slosh issues. Most of the time the tank is between 1/4 & 1/2 full. Many people describe exactly what you are feeling. Brand new? Have dealer check out the brakes to make sure. Hope this helps.

Yeah, there is a fuel tank slush many report, but no brake issues. If you have a gushy pedal maybe double check for air in system. Do farthest wheel fist, if you don't see any air bubbles you should be good.

air in brakes

Does it have the hybrid motor/generator thing. Maybe its a braking regen relay of sorts?

Some folk also have a noticeable 3 to 2 gear harsh down shift on occasion. Just throwing this out there.

Last edited:
What you are describing sounds like the ABS system test which happens on take-off after every cold start (maybe every start). My 2017 Ram 1500 does this.

Originally Posted by JTK
What you are describing sounds like the ABS system test which happens on take-off after every cold start (maybe every start). My 2017 Ram 1500 does this.

My 2018 does this as well. I feel it more if it has been raining and my calipers are wet.

I wonder if it's a downshift. My F150 is quick to downshift if it senses a downhill slope when I lightly press the brakes

This is when I noticed it. Every morning leaving for work. It's not the downshift. When I back out of driveway and start going forward down the driveway probably 2mph I feel it do it while my foot is gently applied to the break pedal going down the drive.

Originally Posted by Honda2003
This is when I noticed it. Every morning leaving for work. It's not the downshift. When I back out of driveway and start going forward down the driveway probably 2mph I feel it do it while my foot is gently applied to the break pedal going down the drive.

That sounds exactly like an ABS check. A lot of systems do this every time you start them when slowly moving forward. Totally normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back