Fiocchi 9MM 115gr FMJ On Sale @ Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have an Academy near them, you may want to check and see if Fiocchi 9MM 115 grain is on sale at your store. In the Houston area, they are $7.99 per 50 round box.

Originally Posted by Marco620
7.99 is cheap. Would be neat if it were 124gr but you get what they got.Nice find and thanks for sharing.
They have 124 grain for $9.99 a box as well.

Well rats I bought two boxes last week for $10.99. Haven't shot any of it yet, how does it shoot for you guys? I bought it mostly because it was rated (supposedly) at 1200 fps and I wanted a warmer target load to come closer to my carry load.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Well rats I bought two boxes last week for $10.99. Haven't shot any of it yet, how does it shoot for you guys? I bought it mostly because it was rated (supposedly) at 1200 fps and I wanted a warmer target load to come closer to my carry load.
I have capped thousands of rounds of it with zero issues. It is pretty accurate too and fairly clean. The brass reloads well and cleans up nicely.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
I have capped thousands of rounds of it with zero issues. It is pretty accurate too and fairly clean. The brass reloads well and cleans up nicely.

I've seen the same as far as accurate enough and pretty clean. Between the Fiocchi, Monarch Brass (Prvi Partizan) and Remington they run periodic sales at Academy. All have done well for me.

Bought 5 boxes, shot them all today.
Should have bought more...

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I went into an Academy when I was in Austin a few years ago and loved it. I wish we had them here.

You can order online and shipping is free for over $25.

But it is nice to just be able to walk around in them and look.

I put their free shipping to the test the other day. I don't have the ammo yet, but they shipped it immediately so far so good.

I also since burned up 2 boxes of the sale Fiocchi and it seemed just fine, no issues at all.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
I put their free shipping to the test the other day. I don't have the ammo yet, but they shipped it immediately so far so good.

I also since burned up 2 boxes of the sale Fiocchi and it seemed just fine, no issues at all.

Did the same, sorta. Ordered a flat (10 boxes) of the Monarch 28 gauge target loads. Worked out fine.

Looks like it is off sale now--back up to $10.99 per box at my local Academy.

Hard to believe, but Academy did ship me two measly boxes of ammo for free, ordered Monday delivered Thursday. I believe I will be using them more often, they have some interesting stuff. Prices are decent, but with free shipping quite good actually. Hard to believe you only have to hit 25 bucks to get free shipping. I just got a promo sale email from another outfit, and they were proud of free shipping if you spent 300 bucks!

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Ship to your address or to their store ?

Thanks , :)

They ship to your address.

Interesting note, I was at Walmart at they had some Winchester steel case 150 round for $22.84/box. Cheaper than the Fiocchi (but is steel case, not brass).

Yep to your door for free if you exceed 25 bucks, which is very easy to do with ammo. Gonna hit them up again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back